Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made it down to OC yeasterday morning and met up with SteveF and Timbo for some togging . We fished the usual haunts in the bay and inlet and did pretty well . Didn't take too long to get a limit and then play catch and release . All fish were caught on green crabs . Thanks go out to Steve for the invite and it was great fun fishing with he and Tim . I just got off the phone with Steve and they are just 3 shy of a limit and were heading to get more bait .

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
WTG guys!

I'm glad "Team Geritol" hooked up a ringer since I bailed.:rolleyes:
Nice pics! Glad you guys got into them inspite of the winds. Those tog sure are a blast.

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
That is cool getting keeper Tog without going out of the inlet :clapping2::clapping2:.Some fine eating fish there :thumbup:.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
When Steve was building my rod (which by the way I love), he wouldn't stop talking to me about this trip. I mean, every phone call, every visit, he was showing me pool noodles with 50 tog rigs wrapped around them, making me sign a confidentiality agreement before he'd let me see his buckets of Berkely gulp alive sand fleas, even his custom painted "truly ugly stick" complete with Tog sticker which I hope gets posted in this thread soon. Suffice it to say, I'm glad he's been catching some of those ruby lips or I can't imagine the psychological damage.

In the meantime, Steve, I want you to know your zeal for tog fishing is an inspiration to us all:

* all in good fun for a good friend :yes::cool2:

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
nice fish Mike! Glad that you got into them!!!

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Nice work Mike and crew
so people who catch a lot of perch are perchjerkers
so a lot of tog catching makes you a tog flogger (JK)
Jealousy makes you say mean things

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Love the dancing Steve........

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I like your kitty placemats Mike!

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Mike,
It was a pleasure having you on the boat Thursday and I will have to say one thing, Mike Rose is a tog catching machine. We pulled up to our spot and within 30secs Mike had a nice keeper on and it was like that ALL day long. I bet we caught 50 or so fish Thursday and it always good when you can call fish and all the keepers where over 17” not bad for 2 other guys not knowing what they are doing. Not only did we catch tog with Mike but we had tog to eat, Mike bought some tog with him for us to snack on that he fried up before he got on the boat. Friday was a tough day for us, we only manage 6 keepers but caught a lot of little ones. Mike THANKS again for going with us and by the way my cell phone is NOT working, taking it back today to see if I can get another one. Also that video is to damn funny

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ya all catch'm on conventional terminal tackle or a jig? I love tog jig'n!
I have no idea what you are talking about . Yes , conventional tackle , but jigging ? If you "love tog jigging" you surely must share that info with me .:confused:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts