Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some investigative work yesterday and check out the differences in fuel prices at some of the marinas. All are nonethanol.

Ocean Pines Yacht Club - $3.50 / gal
Bahia - $3.80 / gal
Sunset - $4.00 / gal
White Marlin Marina 3.89.9 / gal

At 150 gallons for an offshore trip, that could amount to a considerable amount of money.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Yikes. Filled my boat up on the trailer for $2.30/gal (admittedly ethanol) last weekend. Those prices ought to fall as they work through more expensive inventory?

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
The same is true of diesel. Diesel around the corner at the BP station is $2.02 (and this includes the road tax) and at the local marina it is $2.58 (dyed red tax free). That would be a $78 saving for our canyon trips.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey those prices are pretty good Snug Harbor marina on Chinoteague is 4.99 a gallon trailer mine to the gas station

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks for checking around.

3.04 sounds about right for 89 at sunset. 4/gal is for ethanol-free 91 I believe.

I'm pretty sure Sunset is a bit over .50 less than OP yacht club (which sucks because I'm only about 250' from the gas dock at the yacht club, lol, but it's usually worth the run to Sunset when I'm putting in 100+ gallons). I usually tend to fill up with ethanol free every other tank or depending on what the bank account dictates, lmao.

I'm actually planning to top off my tanks tmrw for a trip on Friday so I'll post what the prices are tmrw.

·
Registered
131 Posts
just in case yall didnt know, that red diesel has more than red dye in it!!!!! on-road diesel has 15ppm sulfer (lubricant) in it for emissions by the epa, the off-road (red fuel) has 500ppm sulfur. if you put green diesel in your boat it has basically no lubricant in it and if it has older engines equipped with injection pumps then you are asking for expensive problems!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thanks for checking around.

3.04 sounds about right for 89 at sunset. 4/gal is for ethanol-free 91 I believe.

I'm pretty sure Sunset is a bit over .50 less than OP yacht club (which sucks because I'm only about 250' from the gas dock at the yacht club, lol, but it's usually worth the run to Sunset when I'm putting in 100+ gallons). I usually tend to fill up with ethanol free every other tank or depending on what the bank account dictates, lmao.

I'm actually planning to top off my tanks tmrw for a trip on Friday so I'll post what the prices are tmrw.
Wait, SharkJP, the 89 is E, & 91 is non-E, & you're mixing them every other fill-up?? That is not a good idea. Please tell me you're joking...

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Never heard of any issues with mixing the two. If an engine can run on either, then what’s the issue?

If you run e15 in an e10 engine then yes a problem. Running ethanol in fuel lines not rated for it, yes an issue, but that’s been an issue forever now it seems.

If there’s a legitimate problem with mixing ethanol and non-ethanol please post a reliable source that says so. I’m curious as to the reason.

Chris

1 - 16 of 16 Posts