Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been taugin' on the Morning Star out of Ocean City, MD? My dad and I are thinking about checking it out.

Mike

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Has anyone been taugin' on the Morning Star out of Ocean City, MD? My dad and I are thinking about checking it out.

Mike
The very best . Monty is the consumate professional . I'll get back to you with past pics and further details , Mike:bigfish: A buddy of mine threw back two over 16 lbs last week after being tagged . No BS ! Fish caught on Berkley Gulp Sandfleas :D

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Circa 2001

Over 12 easy !:D Just being able to talk to Monty and try and grasp some of his vast knowledge of marine habitats is worth well more than the "catching" experience .:clap:

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice lookin fish John.

What kind of tackle do they fish with, like top/bottom rigs? What kind of weight do you need to get you down there on em'?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I fished with Capt. Monty last summer, and my biggest complaint was I didn't have time to drink my beer. The man puts you on the fish!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Today the Md. state record tog was caught aboard the Morning Star by Sam who is a very nice New Yorker who fishes on Capt. Monty's boat during the colder months. The beast weighed in at 20lbs 11oz and Sam had several other teen size tog on yesterday's and today's trips. Way to go Monty and Sam!!

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Does'nt surprise me at all. Sam's been slamming them all season.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts