Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang

I know some TFers fish out of Ocean City so I thought I would share a quick report and a few pics, I will be putting a longer report with more pics on the Mid Atlantic Offshore Fishing Board later today.

The White Marlin bite has pretty much been off the hook the last week in particular, but good the last few weeks. It seems the hurricane really has the fish feeding. Records are being broken for most fish in a day, the Billfisher had 57 whites on Monday, our boat, the Makara, had 32. The record out of OC previous to this past week was I think 27.

We decided to fish on last day before the hurricane yesterday and the fish were going mad on minnows. it was like seeing breaking striped bass in the bay, except all the fish were white marlin. We decided to go swimming with them. The pics pretty much sum up the action, hope you enjoy, pretty amazing site to see.

A few pics:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Congratulations on the 32, in one day. I'm sure you guys were ecstatic to have beaten the old OC record, only to find out about Billfisher's incredible day. I'm sure most people would be happy to catch 32 striped bass in one day, much less white marlin.

Thanks for the pictures. Wouldn't have imagined the visiblity is that good off the mid atlantic.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Brandon...those underwater pictures are incredible....Marlin Club wall material. I guess you've seen this week's Coastal Fisherman? Sounds like you timed it just right and had a great trip.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,699 Posts
Beautiful Pictures!!

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
D Andrews, I did not see this weeks Coastal Fishman, what does it have. I've been fishing the last few days and barely keeping up on email:eek2:

Mark 1234, John/Billfisher is a friend, could not have happened to a better guy/family/crew. John truly is part white marlin, I'd say he's probably the best out there. As long as the hurricane does not blow the fish too far he will easily beat his past record for whites in a year.

Here is to hoping the fish stick around after the hurricane, if they do, you'll know where to find me:yes::fishing2:

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
D Andrews, I did not see this weeks Coastal Fishman, what does it have. I've been fishing the last few days and barely keeping up on email:eek2:

Mark 1234, John/Billfisher is a friend, could not have happened to a better guy/family/crew. John truly is part white marlin, I'd say he's probably the best out there. As long as the hurricane does not blow the fish too far he will easily beat his past record for whites in a year.

Here is to hoping the fish stick around after the hurricane, if they do, you'll know where to find me:yes::fishing2:
Shows alot of blue and white flags......more than I've ever seen and mentions the Billfisher and Makara. It states the Billfisher came in too late for a photo of the epic day so stay tuned for next Wednesday.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
That is incredible. This is not Costa Rica or Virgin Islands or Australia... this is Maryland waters!!!! well.. kind of.

How far out were you? Sure makes me reconsider the ridiculous price for an offshore charter with that kind of action. I hear it's been like that for Va Beach boats too for a few weeks now. Too bad the hurricane will probably scatter things a bit though.

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DAndrews

We are at Sunset and in the evenings the dock has been full of flags each night for the last few weeks. Some guys are just flying one flag with the the number on them. One boat had something like 22 yesterday, I have a shot I took with my Iphone I will post. Pretty cool to see at night. Thing is by the time you wash the boat and get the flags up and eat dinner it's time to go do it again. 4:30am comes pretty quick when you are getting in around 8pm each night..

Salmo trutta,
Get some guys together and charter John D on the Billfisher, you will not be disappointed. I'd consider him one the best white marlin captains in the world, right in our back yard and he and his family are Marylanders who have been doing the white marlin thing forever. Well worth the price of a charter with a guy/crew like that, that is for sure.

I was talking with John D. last night when we got back and he thinks the storm will scatter them a little, but with all the boats out there we will find them and the action start back up. Buckle your seat belts:high5:

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Cool pix B. I watched a video of how the swords will slash the bait balls with there bill and then come back to eat the injured pray....pretty neat fish.

BTW thanks for sending out the TF stickers.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
WOW,

thanks big B, WTG.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Awesome pictures. Heard about the WM bite on Monday. Simply awesome.

You're not kidding about John Duffie. Haven't seen him for years. Was good friends with him and his family back in the early 90's when I was mating down there. He was running his dad's 50' Post, he may have been 14, and he was as knowledgeable most adults back then. Can't imagine what he's like now.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I hope the fishing and weather hold up. I'm booked for a trip outta OC on the 12th.

Amazing pictures man.......wow

1 - 20 of 40 Posts