Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out more about the locations in the ocean. Heard a lot of talk about the Golf Ball. Just wondering where it is and about how far from Cape Henry.

Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
golf ball aka "the green can" but its really red
i hope your kidding, green can is a bouy slightly south 3/4 mile or so fr shore of cape henry. it's green.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Head south out of Rudee, keep an eye on the shore. When you see the very large dome structure that looks exactly like what it is called, you are at the Golf Ball.

·
Registered
943 Posts
The New Large Low to the Ground Dome is Not the Golf Ball.

The Golf Ball is the Sandbridge Water Tower.

It's apprx 7 miles south of the Cape.

Les

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I agree that the Water Tower at SB does look a little like a tee'd up golf ball ready to be whacked off of a green somewhere by a huge guy in plaid pants and a yellow golf shirt wearing a funny little Scottish golf hat but the Dome at Dam Neck, the white one, the one with the DIMPLES all over it, the one that looks EXACTLY like a 5 story GOLF BALL...well that's always been the "Golf Ball" to me...I've always reffered to the water tower as...the water tower

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Somebody clear this up....its driving be crazy...I can't seep at night...I have nightmares...am I at the golf ball or am I at the water tower...the radio said 55+ inch Stripers at the Golf Ball on every cast...all I see is popcorn on the water and birds...OOOOOOOOOH THE MADNESS OF IT ALL...

·
Registered
750 Posts
Thats the kid with the VHF sitting in his parents condo at SB Travis.... calling all the boats from CH down to the bite, whilest he is sitting there in the comfort of his own living room, laughing his arce off....

·
Registered
943 Posts
I agree the Small Radar Dome is the true Golfball.
But everone uses the Water tower,

Just don't use the New Large Dome just south of Rudee,
It's was just built last year.

Les

1 - 10 of 10 Posts