Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the line going out of the bay? How far out do you have to go and or can go? What fish can you keep? Other good tips would be helpful.

Thanks

C Bay:)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
line is between cape henry and cape charles. have to fish between that line/the beach and another imaginary line 3 miles out. can keep 2 fish over 28 i believe.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Also, don't forget, as of Jan 1st of 2007, if you run south, you need a NC state saltwater license now if you cross the state line.
Also, if you catch fish in the ocean and run back through the bay, you can't stop and fish.
They will bust you if caught.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
VMRC "Coastal Area" defination

I looked for information on Striper fishing in the VMRC web today. I was interested in how the Coastal area was defined. This Map (shown above) is about it. I could not find any reference to the 3 Mile limit. Did I miss it. Please help!

I just purchased a new Saltwater Boat license and again NO information was given about the 3 mile limit of the outside edge of the Coastal Area. Again did i miss something.

I want to read the VMRC regulation that is given to the fishing public!!

Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
The three mile limit is somewhat of a grey area. Not defined by vmrc but by the feds. I usually try to stay within 2 miles on my gps just to be sure. All it takes is a little excitment of a couple big fish on and you can drive or be blown over the line unknowingly. On my GPS I used mapsource to make waypoints at 3 miles out from the eastern shore down to corolla about one every three miles to use as reference points.

--John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts