Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I woke up this morning and could hear the wind screaming outside my window. I thought then about just rolling over and going back to sleep, but I went down to the boat anyways. It was frigid outside and blowing west at 30 and gusting to 40 or so. The group showed up and I figured since I had em there, we might as well poke our nose out. It was COLD, windy, snotty out, but not really that rough because it was coming straight out of the west. I had capt. Ben from above average sportfishing working the pit for me today and granted the downright bad conditions, we worked his butt of, remained ethusiastic with the customers, and did a great job. Thanks Ben. You are welcome on my boat anytime.

Anyways, enough about the horrible conditions. The fishing was excellent. We found a wall of birds off Sandbridge that extended down towards the state line and the fishing was ON FIRE. For a couple hours, we were hooked up 4, 5, 6 rods at a time. They ate everything. It was a feeding frenzy out there and the kicker is that half of the charter heard the wind this morning and stayed asleep. The two guys that ended up on the boat caught about 30 fish between the two of them. Limited out and released a bunch. These guy would get one fish to the boat and with no break, jump onto the next hooked up rod. Most fish were at or over 40" and 30# class. Nice fish. I dont know how the fishing could get any better. Now we just gotta work on the weather.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Nice work Capt.!:rockingreport:
That is a nicer class of fish (40" 30lbs.) than most of the trollers have been getting.
This weekend can't get here fast enough.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Nice Job Jake

I was thinking about tomorrow and had decided not to. Now you have me thinking about putting a crew together for tomorrow again. I am so confused right now! :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Happy Holidays & Tight Lines to All,
Kevin
Weekend Mistress
Coastal Conservation Association-Virginia

·
Registered
769 Posts
Thanks for the report. Nice work in the not nice sea conditions. Way to get out there and work it. Let's hope the fish stay here for the next couple of weeks

Merry Christmas
Scott G,
Fridays Off

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Forgot to mention that it was so cold that there was no running water at the marina. Any spray that came up and hit the boat is still on the boat right now. Still has a 1'' thick layer of ice on the entire boat. Every time I would peek my head around the curtains into the spray, I would get pelted in the face with ice pellets. It will get warm enough to wash it tomorrow. Gotta love that winter fishing.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Im just now starting to defrost! What a trip, I know those guys were stoked. Next time we go Im gonna bring ice skates to work the pit. Sure is nice to be on a big boat. Let me know when we are goin again. Im ready to roll!

Capt_Ben
Above Average Sportfishing

·
Registered
13 Posts
And I thought I had a cold day at work. Nice job on the fish. I don't think you know how to go out and not catch fish!

Marc

·
Registered
285 Posts
Jake:

I had folks all lined up for Monday afternoon but I cancelled it, feeling the run back to Little Creek would have been miserable. I miss my old slip at Rudee's but know the boat is better off in a boatel. Hope I can get out there either this afternoon or tomorrow to take my parents some fresh rockfish for Christmas dinner.

My best to you & family,
Stuart

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, I dont think it would have been a good thing to go back to lynnhaven or little creek yesterday. There was a lot of north in that wind and I think it would have gotten nasty around the cape. Hope you guys have a good christmas and tell Scotty I said hello.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
thanx fo rthe report buddy - y'all kick tail, literally !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts