Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, with the forecast of a SW wind I wanted to give the rockfish a shot. I was hopeful after a great trip on Christmas Day. We left Little Creek around 730. I pulled off the throttle near the Green Can to start looking...some bait, but nothing that made me want to put lines in. We pushed offshore to the 3-mile line and NOTHING! Pointed the boat back west and found some working birds and decent bait just North of the Ramada. Trolled for 2 hours without a bite. Around 11am we picked up and ran South toward a huge beehive of gannets about a mile off the beach just North of Rudee. There was tons of bait but again no fish! We trolled for another 2 hours without a bite and decided to call it before it got too rough. We'll try 'em again next weekend. I hope somebody found the fish today.

Ed

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Iwas out there in that mess of gannets andgot NADA too. Only one knock down. dammit boy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Unfortunately, I had the same experience. From Cape Henry to Ramada, not much bait and no hits. I guess you can have warm nice weather and fish also.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I was there also and got the same results and I stayed for about 4 hours myself. You would have thought there were definately fish in that area.

I spent the next two hours washing the salt spray off every inch of my boat!

Fin&Sin
28 Carolina Classic

1 - 6 of 6 Posts