Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rumor has it that the guys from oceans east on north hampton blvd bought marina shores and are putting in a bait and tackle shop there? My brother told me that he spoke to a guy that was pumping out all the fuel from the fuel tanks the other day, got to talking and they supposedly gonna have the best prices on fuel in the lynnhaven. Anyone know anything about it?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I can't imagine the venture would be profitable. I'm sure they have a fortune sunk into the main store. Couple that with the upfront costs associated with a startup, not to mention the real estate. Best of luck, however I'd prefer to have one great store than a second store sucking the life out of the first and having to compete with another shop a stones throw away.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Rumor has it that the guys from oceans east on north hampton blvd bought marina shores and are putting in a bait and tackle shop there? My brother told me that he spoke to a guy that was pumping out all the fuel from the fuel tanks the other day, got to talking and they supposedly gonna have the best prices on fuel in the lynnhaven. Anyone know anything about it?
OCEANS EAST ON THE CREEK

Good news travels fast I guess.. :)

We didn't buy Marina Shores but we are leasing some space there and we have taken over the fuel dock. All of us here at Oceans East love to fish and own boats, a couple of us even keep or have kept boats there in the past. First thing we did is pump all the fuel tanks dry, clean and pressure test them. We upgraded the pumps and changed the filtering. If we can't trust putting it in our own boats we certainly aren't going to sell it to someone. Its no secret that Marina Shores had a reputation for being over priced on fuel and had problems with fuel quality, we are changing that! Rather than risk selling bad fuel we got rid of it and upgraded the system. Next thing we did was we gutted the old dock shop, we installed new floors and slat board all the way around. We are going to carry those last minute items that you may have forgotten or need before heading out. We are going to carry live bait, ice 10/20/40 pound, beer, drinks, etc. We will have all the necessities, hooks, leader, jigs, sinkers, terminal tackle, etc. And... to top that we WILL have the BEST prices on gas and diesel fuel on the creek. We are hoping to open next friday, I will keep you posted! Thanks everyone for your continued support!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts