Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Hats off to an honest and fair Tackle shop. Left my Penn 330GTI for repair when I left on vacation and had a friend pick it up when it was ready. By mistake, he was given an old, beat up 330 to give to me. One look and I realized it wasn't my reel so I took it back to Oceans East on Northhampton. Butch was outstanding in handling my problem, even though there was no way I could prove it wasn't my reel. Yesterday, I picked up a virtually new Penn 330GTI!, newer and in better shape then the reel I originally turned in. I really appreciate the fair treatment I was given by Butch, the owner and staff of Oceans East.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I do some of my shopping at Ocean East 2 for fishing supplies.
Always friendly persons have been helpful to me.
Never had a problem and even went out of their way to respool a reel for me (no Charge) when I purchased the line elsewhere.
Good public relations.

Glad to hear all worked out better for you Bill!:)
Regards

·
Registered
250 Posts
I tell you what, honesty like that is very rare now days. That is awesome. I went there one time just to check it out and came out with another rod and reel and a big bag of lures, none of which I needed but I couldn't pass up a good deal. ha ha

·
Registered
40 Posts
I came down to pick up a used Regulator today and had to stop in to pick up $100 stuff to bring up north... Wish we had a shop like that up here...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Have to throw a plug myself,he was more than willing to let me organize a Merchant Mariner License class there and wanted nothing in return.Their meeting room is CG certified as a testing facility

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Great people, Great shop,

:D You just can't get better people than Tom and his staff. My favorite tackle shop. I'm really not surprised at how they treated you Bill and glad you made note of them on this board.

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Kudos from me also...thats always my first stop!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts