Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be the first trip for me out of ocmd. I feel comforfortable making it out about 30miles. Have a Grady white gulfstream with 2 Yamaha 150 2s carbs. I have outriggers but was not planning on bringing them because they are stuck open and don't collapse. I have gear up to penn 30's. Doesn't matter what type of fish I catch just wanna fish. Any help with tackle or places would be great!

·
Registered
886 Posts
The water was green out to 20nm last week and I only caught one small mahi, a bunch of small blues, and couple FA's and sharks. I'm waiting for it to clear up a little before I make another run so any reports would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
My friend and I both have 21' single engine boats and have been out 30 miles. There are sea bass where you see what look like crab pots which are on natural and man made reefs, best to fish in 100-120 feet for them. Sharks are everywhere. The mahi were out only 20 miles but sounds like the green water may have pushed them out a bit. Wahoo are showing in 30 fathoms which is about 40 miles out but they should be on the inshore lumps like the hambone and such and can be caught on 30's no problem and the maui should be there with them. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts