Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went through the cut at about 2pm and it didn't take long to find fish stacked up. As soon as I dropped my stingsilver I hooked up with a fish in the upper 20"s, A couple minutes later I got one in the lower 20"s. My biggest problem was the drift was to fast and it was hard to stay on them, So I tried a few other spots, Most areas had lots of fish, but with the fast drift, It was a slow pick, plus once the tide started to slow, the fish weren't as willing to bite, When I headed in at sunset I caught 6 Stripers(All over 18" except one") And only one Blue at about 22" and one perch at about 10". I released everything except for the perch since it was hooked in the eye

The sunset pic didn't turn out very good

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Didn't take long to get back in the swing of things did it? Thanks for sharing.

-JB

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Thanks for the report ZAM, Rocktober is here!!

Hope to see you out there next week.

TIGHT LINES!!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Very interesting. I saw you around 5 (we passed pretty close) and that area seemed to be dead. Were you south of there when you hooked up? Did you fish in that crowd on the rip at sunset? Conditions were perfect, but a few too many trollers for my taste. Good job finding them again. We pretty much struck out, except for the last spot we tried.

·
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I remember your boat, I actually thought that boat was someone elses. I caught the Bluefish and white perch after I passed you, But I didn't get anymore Rock..There was Some Rock around there a couple hours earlier.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good Report

What size sting silvers are you using and are you just dropping and jigging or casting and reeling in?

·
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What size sting silvers are you using and are you just dropping and jigging or casting and reeling in?
It depends where the fish are, sometimes I drop and jig if the fish are below the boat, or I cast to where I think they are
I've been using the flat kind of stingsilver, Im not sure what size it is, maybe 1.5 oz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts