Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Walleyes started to come on Oct.20th.I made 11 trips from the 20th. to the 31st.I landed 32 from 15-21 in.,releasing all the ones over 19in.and any that appeared to be egg bearing femalesIt's fizzled out considerably as all good bites do.This morning I only caught 1 small one but the last mystery fish I hooked was headed down river as he spooled me on 10# test.I'm just learnin how to fish.Next story Dec.1st.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Damn Nick, spooled you on 10lb test, what the heck do you think it was??? Did you feel any big head shakes??? You are on fire, my friend.. I am hoping to take off a few hours in the afternoon and hit the flats/rivers...

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ken It did feel like a Big "eye".But..In that river it could be A BIG Striper,Flat Head, who knows.it would take 25ft.of line..then stop,I'd try to get some back,but when it felt my pressure,it would move down stream again.after a few rounds of that I was almost out of line so I palmed the spool a little to apply a bit more pressure and the hook pulled.I had no way to chase him down stream without swimming.I was telling this guy in a canoe about it.He said he hooked a fish last year that he couldn't stop with 50# braid and he's caught 54in.Stripers from his canoe.He has a friend that caught a small Sturgen last year & I knew a guy I used to fish with at night for stripers at the dam back in the 60s that had a big one free jump next to his boat one night that he said almost gave him a heart attack.My fish wasn't that big though.You guys "Catchum Up"

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
Cptn Nick:

Thansk for the report! Folks dont go Walleyeing for the fight, but for the FLAVOR!!:thumbup:

I hooked a submarine while shadding from shore a few years ago.

What do the eyes bight on??

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jigs & Plugs.If you want to go one evening,let me know.I got 3 last night.(Monday) the first cast was a 22incher.Then ,it was another hour til I got another bite.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll have to change this to Nov. Susky...2 trips &4 Eyes so far for Nov.36 total since Oct.20th.Every night is differen't...You never know what will develop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts