Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The October meeting of the Bull Island Angler's Club will be Monday October 27th at 7pm. The meeting will be held at Trinity United Methodist Church located at 1294 Poquoson Ave in Poquoson ,VA.

This month's topic will be speckled trout. The speckle trout season has started and will run until early December if the warmer weather stays around. We have a local Poquosonite who has agreed to talk about catching them. This person has caught specks from Rudee Inlet to the Mobjack Bay and all places in between. Our speaker will talk about trolling, drift-casting, and casting for speckle trout in our local waters. He has also agreed to "give up" two or three of his favorite locations for citation sized speckle trout.

Should be a great informational meeting about one of best fish to catch in the Bay!!

Hope to see all ya'll there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is the meeting open to everyone?

Is this open to everyone or only Bull Island members?

I live in Newport News and would love to come and listen.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would like to thank Mr. Ken Wente of the ASA for coming to our club tonight. He talked about the ASA and showed us the striper tube. The striper tube can keep a 50lb rockfish alive all day while fishing. I think it will be a great addition to the tournament trail and also help keep some of the larger fish alive!!

Our other speaker tonight talked about speckle trout fishing. He showed maps and detailed locations for where to catch trout. He talked about tide, locations, water clarity, and what colors to use where. He aslo talked about how to troll mirrolures to catch specks. He talked about the difference between a paddle tail and a straight tail and why it was important. All in all it seemed like a great informative talk and a species that is rarely talked about.

For our next meeting our club president will be talking about how to fish the hot ditch. Hope to see ya'll there

·
Registered
63 Posts
I enjoyed the speck talk. It was full of useful locations. I will give them a try once the weather gets back to some sort of normal condition. I will be trying the braided line for a change. Never tried the troll. The places I fish are wide open for the troll.

Thanks,

Ray

1 - 7 of 7 Posts