Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out the last two days in the evening. A new chocolate lab pup has been keeping me busy over the last two weeks so it was nice to get out. Tues. was difficult fishing but we managed a few decent sized blues in the 4-6 lb range close to Tolly. Hooked up with Joe (TimeFlies) for a bit but the conditions were tough that evening. I know some people hate em but I love catching commies on a 7 wt. That is until last night. The area between TPL and TP was lit up with rain bait and blues bustin the surface. No steady schools, but enough to keep it fun and enough of a break in between to knock back a few Banquet beers. Headed a bit south away from the boats to the mouth of the South in the float free channel and started bailing fish. Dead in the middle of bailing fish I snap a back cast a bit too hard, hit my t-top and send half of my 7wt into the Bay. Thinking that the rod had come apart I grabbed the piece and pulled it back to my surprise a messy break. Too bad. It was the hot rod and my 9 wt only has intermediate and rio deep lake 7. Not ideal for crease fly action.

Two beautiful nights to be out. I didn't even care about the busted rod, just had to laugh at a bad cast. Chasing the occasional breaker and watching the sun set on probably the last warm day of the year made for a nice way to end a good summer of fishing. I tossed the slicks in the boat last night. I guess it's about that time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts