Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
It’s very powerful, super addictive & can be a life wrecker. I have a buddy living in a heroin den in Philly & it all started with OXY. It’s basically pharmaceutical grade heroin. If you only take it for a few days & don’t crush the pills up, you will be O.K.

When the pills are crushed up & snorted, a common thing with kids these days, it’s like taking a needle of pure heroin.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why does crushing as opposed to just swallowing the pill
make you higher, you are still swollowing the same meds
right ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Serious pain killers and seriously addictive. You could probably make good money out of a lot of people for your extras!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry to ruin the fun, but oxycontin is the fake herion. Oxycodone is not as strong. Have a few drinks with it and you should be ok.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Don't forget your friends[grin]

Really, I had a chronic back issue and was taking them for a while. Bottom line, get off of them as soon as you can. It's a rough ride when you stop.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
That is the stuff Limbaugh got busted for buying on the black market. What was he taking something like 30 or more a day. Seriously addictive stuff

·
Registered
672 Posts
Jaybirdjay's correct. Oxycodone is the narcotic in Percocet, which is a middle of the road narcotic. Oxycontin, MS-contin--those are bigger guns, usually used for cancer patients and the like. Oxycodone is routinely given out for post surgical patients, kidney stone patients and sometimes chronic pain. All narcotics are potentially addictive.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Oxycodone is the narcotic in , Percodan, Percocet and oxycontin. Morphine sulphate is the narcotic in MS- contin, which is usually given to people who have been on oxycontin and are being weaned off of the oxy, the ms-contin does not have the desireable euphoric effects that your body likes so much, Morphine in the sulphate form is not the same as morphine in the hydrochloride form which by the way will nock you into lala land.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Oxycodone is available in the regular (quick) release 5,15, and 30 mg tablets and as a sustained release tablets under the trade name Oxycontin (10,20,40, and 80 mg). The active ingredient in each version is the same but the delivery is different. Oxycodone, whatever the form, is an opiate which should be taken in a prudent fashion and very cautiously. Many normal folks start taking narcotics like this in a seemingly benign circumstance for "short term " use and end up with a world of problems due to continued use. The nature of your bodies' response to such narcotics is that over time you become tolerant of there effect and subsequently need more and more to feel "normal". I'm not saying that there isn't an upside to the medicine because they help an awful lot of very sick people-but short term cautious use should be the goal for you. I have a slew of people in the pharmacy weekly who cannot get off of prescription pain killers and indicate to me that they wish they never started. FWIW,MHO. Good luck.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
[Q]NJ originally wrote:
Jaybirdjay's correct. Oxycodone is the narcotic in Percocet, which is a middle of the road narcotic. Oxycontin, MS-contin--those are bigger guns, usually used for cancer patients and the like. Oxycodone is routinely given out for post surgical patients, kidney stone patients and sometimes chronic pain. All narcotics are potentially addictive.
[/Q]

NJ said it best. i could write a book on percocet (my best friend !) cancer patients live on the sh!t, ask me- i had no choice but to crush mine and put in my feeding tube.i asj for percocet every month when i go in for a checkup, always the same answer- NO NO NO get out !

·
Registered
798 Posts
Oxycodone is codeine. As described in the above few posts. middle of the road narcotic. potentuilly addicting. I havent seen many people with much trouble coming off of one prescription cycle, unless they already have a predisposition to addiction, or are stilll in pain.

If you do things to tamper with them, such as crushing them, taking w/alchohol, Etc. you will be more likely to have some withdrawls after one cycle.

Racn-was that throat cancer? are you okay?

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
yep throat cancer.........next month will be 1 year cancer free- other than not tasting sweets (radiation kills taste buds) and no teeth ( i have/but dont wear my dentures) i am doing ok. not as good as i had hoped, but i cant complain as for what i have seen others go threw.....i went from 203 down to 123 in 4 months and got my feeding tube out in back in june and have pigged out ever since- next month i will be back to my target weight of 200 pounds( my fat ass is already over 200 !! ) it slowed me down for 6 months or so but i was out fishing when ever i could stand it !! i would even go so far as to say 2005 ws my best fishing year ever ! and 2006 aint bad so far either - thanx for asking. jamie

·
Registered
116 Posts
Oxycodone is not Codeine, big difference. Oxycodone is the narcotic that is in Percodan and Percocet(These are brand names), and Oxycodone is the same narcotic that is in Oxycontin, difference is Oxycodone is usually prescribed 5mg per dose immediate release, Oxycontin can be prescribed from 20 to 120 milligrams of Oxycodone per pill sustained release, oxyCONTIN- CONTIN is for continous release. Take one 20mg Oxycontin and chew it up and its the same as eating four Oxycodone. Oxycontin is Oxycodone in pure form just time released . Oxycontin does not contain Acetaminophen, or asprin, which is a secondary risk when taking Oxycodone, Percocet or Percodan and drinking.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts