Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't going to fish today because "the tree guy" was supposed to cut down the tree in my backyard today, I got off work early and he never showed up, I decided to go fishing. I launched the boat and parked the truck, the water was calm and I couldn't wait to get out there, I thought I would be going through the cut at about 1pm, but when I got back to the boat I realized that I left the boat keys at home, I had the boat parked out on the street at my house to make room for "The tree guy" and I had everything locked up and the keys in the house to prevent theft. Well, I reloaded the boat back on to the trailer, And left the trailer at the park, then ran back home to get the keys, I got back and relaunched the boat and was going through the cut at 2pm. I tried a spot and wasn't catching anything, but when I was getting ready to leave I got a fish on, but after a 10 second fight it got off, I fished there for a while longer then tried a couple more spots with no luck, halfway to another spot I saw a seagull pick up a small fish, so since I wasn't doing well anyway, I decided to try there, I fished for a couple minutes with no luck and was thinking of leaving but then I heard a few little baitfish splashes, so I decided to stay a little longer, Then I started making bigger fish and hooked up with a nice one on a hopkins, but halfway to the boat it got off, then I kept hooking up with fish and losing them, with no exageration, I must had hooked up with about 15 fish and everyone got off, some felt really nice too, (a few were snagged), Im not even counting all the bites, but the ones that were hooked. I think they were just putting up such a good fight that they were tearing the hooks out of their mouths, because they were really going nuts while hooked. Well the sun was starting to set and I couldn't beleive that I may get skunked with all the fish around, A really strange evening. But then I finally got a 25" to the boat, then the next cast I got a 22"
I know, I know, Bad hair day:D

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
That is odd, but atleast a couple cooperated.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Zam, you should have never mentioned the hair but it might have had something to do wit it. Thanks for the report and at least you put a couple in the boat. Bummer about the keys, that’s why I always keep a spare in my truck.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
They fight hardest in this water temp. Over 65 and they fight like girls. Below 50, they fight sluggish.

Right now is prime time!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Maybe you were hooked up with something other than rockfish (maybe trout?) Hard to believe that many hooked rockfish managed to get off but I am sure stranger things have happened.

Henry

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
you always seem to find a way to put a few in the boat, Zam:thumbup:

good one, Bob!:hysterical:

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It crossed my mind that some of them could had been trout, some of the head shakes felt like trout, and some of the marks looked like trout, this is the time of year when trout used to come up the bay also. but I think most likely they just weren't putting the lure all the way in their mouths, because quite a few were foul hooked. It would be nice if there were trout up here, its been a whie since I caught one

1 - 11 of 11 Posts