Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
our weekend guest just had to go fishing on Sun. even with the tops of the trees waving after breakfast, so off we went.....luckily I found that beehive around stingray pt. close in so he could catch some dinks on light tackle - wasn't THAT bad - but when he almost fell off the boat reelin' in another dink, I laughed and said - that's it boys, we goin' to the barn - docked the boat hoping it would lay down later and back out at 2:30 we went - no better so we hauled her and cleaned her up and walla, it layed down just before sundown, too bad for us.
Oyster Festival next Friday and tnmt. out of Grey's pt. Sat. - we will be hoping for better sized fish and will certainly not chase those birds in that REAL shallow water.......aye...aye...

·
Registered
702 Posts
I hear ya on the dinks warren. We found a beehive of birds outside of Henrys creek yestrday in fleets bay, thought we hit jackpot, and caught nothing but 12-16" fish. Seems to be nothing but dink reports all the way up to Smith point jetties what I hear.

good luck in your tourney next week.

pepsi man

·
Registered
18 Posts
found the same birds Sunday am, we also tried out near R2. more birds same dinks hopefully it will pick up soon

23' Caravelle Raisin' Cain

·
Registered
64 Posts
I found the same action with the dinks...

Sunday, got to windmill around 10:30 and birds working on the bar. Caught more 15 to 17 inch fish than you could shake a stick at. Did manage 2 keepers tho... around 18 1/2 inchs. That action lasted till about noon. Headed to the north end of the cut channel and 59A. Nothing doing. It layed down in the afternoon and we trolled back to R2. Around 3:30, didn't look like it was going to light up, so we called it a day and headed back in. Smooth ride into Gwynns.

Monday, hit Windmill bar again. Bay was like a lake for the ride out. Bird action started around 12:30/1:00PM. Dinks again. Managed 1 keeper @ 18 1/2 inches. Action died down around 2:30, so we pulled the lines in and headed home. Caught several bluefish in the 16 inch range also. Ride in was a little bumpy, as the outgoing tide and south wind roughed the water up some. Still better than a day at work.

Both days, most of our fish were caught on the bottom with twin bucktail rigs, but we did catch some on a green stretch 25 and metal trolled on the bottom.

Hoping the keepers start showing up this weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts