Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two days in a row my dog has been throwing up these weird looking seeds. Both times there was what looks like deer corn mixed in. We have a large plot of woods behind the house and I think that someone is baiting deer . Anyone know what these seeds are ? Whatever they are, they sure don't agree with Bonnie's stomach :

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
They almost look like apple seeds. Would they be baiting the deer with apples and corn? Also, if your lab is like mine ( I think they came from the same parents) they will eat deer poop in a heartbeat. Perhaps the deer ate apples and corn, passed it and Bonnie found it?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
You have any osage trees in the area? Osage are trees with big green fruits and have seeds similar to pomogranetes. They are common in this area. The seeds I have seen are usually lighter in color, but I suppose that after a couple of months on the ground, they could turn brown like that.

·
Premium Member
26,253 Posts
Might be from Raccoon or Opossum poop. Corn might be from a bird feeder - critters often feed on the food that falls out. Got to love a Lab's appetite. Nothing is off limits to them - then they want to lick your face.

I had our puppy in the woods the other day and saw some bushes with dried berries or seed pods that look similar. Might be an area that seeds gathered in - like a puddle.

Might want to watch where see goes to find the source.

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those were only 2 pics of the 9 or ten piles I found on the carpet this morning. Further investigation is needed.

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was milo. I called my next door neighbor who has been throwing out feed for all the ducks and geese that congregate in the tidal creek across from the house. He said that he saw my dog and another neighbor dog eating chunks of ice in the area where the ducks have been feeding. He also told me that his dog used to do it too but learned his lesson. The stuff starts to ferment in their stomach and causes minor gastrointestinal distress but is not really harmful in the long haul.

·
Registered
14,326 Posts
It was milo. I called my next door neighbor who has been throwing out feed for all the ducks and geese that congregate in the tidal creek across from the house. He said that he saw my dog and another neighbor dog eating chunks of ice in the area where the ducks have been feeding. He also told me that his dog used to do it too but learned his lesson. The stuff starts to ferment in their stomach and causes minor gastrointestinal distress but is not really harmful in the long haul.
Bet your house smells good:eek2::hysterical:............Gary

·
Registered
326 Posts
Pugs like the deer poop also, dont let them eat those stink bugs either--within 3 mins the whole dinner is up lol haven't ate one after that but they do find them quick and stare them down now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts