Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be posting my report and predictions tonight after 6PM. Looks like the Low-Pressure system is going to jump to the coast too quickly which weakens the inland system. However, I think the LOW gets to the Mouth of Chesapeake Bay before the energy is transferred to a new coastal low. This coastal LOW is developing just southeast of the benchmark to give heavy snow for I-95 corridor. I'm watching the timing of the transfer. Right now, most of Maryland is under a WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY (SNOWFALL TOTALS UNDER 5 INCHES. However, I think this will change to a WINTER STORM WARNING overnight (SNOWFALL TOTALS OVER 5 INCHES). This is a quick moving storm, so it arrives around 11PM tonight and gone by 9AM

Stay Tuned I will give you my final call after 6PM

PLEASE REMEMBER TO POST YOUR SNOWFALL TOTALS ON THIS POST.

Phil (lily)

·
Registered
289 Posts
And fill up your bird feeder(s). Cute little fellers need it this time of year. Looking forward to it Phil. Hope it is not as heavy. I had a nice corner shrub that split.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
This will not be such a heavy snow so not much tree or other damage. Fluffy stuff. Out of here by early morning. 2-3” for most is my guesstimate.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
And fill up your bird feeder(s). Cute little fellers need it this time of year. Looking forward to it Phil. Hope it is not as heavy. I had a nice corner shrub that split.
wife fills them every other day we have every bird on the east coast in hampstead only birds i hate are cow birds and blue jays . also when the hummingbirds come back you almost have to wear a face shield

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
wife fills them every other day we have every bird on the east coast in hampstead only birds i hate are cow birds and blue jays . also when the hummingbirds come back you almost have to wear a face shield
Hiw could you hate a blue jay?

Starlings absolutely, but a blue jay?

·
Registered
14,571 Posts
Blue Jay's are nasty birds. I had a Robin's nest in a potted plant and the Blue Jay's raided it and ate all the baby birds. It didn't end well for that Blue Jay........ Gary

·
Registered
289 Posts
Saw a Red Wing Blackbird today. Kinda odd this time of year. Blue Jays are kinda mean but they don't travel in herds like the Starlings or Grackles. Crows get shooed off with ever increasing gusto until they find it unsafe. They are big, mean, smart and travel in herds. Kinda like Orcas in many ways.

·
Registered
14,571 Posts
Saw a Red Wing Blackbird today. Kinda odd this time of year. Blue Jays are kinda mean but they don't travel in herds like the Starlings or Grackles. Crows get shooed off with ever increasing gusto until they find it unsafe. They are big, mean, smart and travel in herds. Kinda like Orcas in many ways.
I used to hunt crows. They are the smartest bird I have ever seen. If you blink an eye they will spot you and communicate very well with each other. They are always looking for a fight though......... Gary

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay is this a wildlife post or a weather post lol ;)

Here is my take on this storm sorry for the delay was in deer stand and then fixing mom supper;)

The upper low is cranking in West VA right now and snow is spreading north and east. However, I'm seeing something I don't like and that the storm is weakening faster than I thought before transferring energy to the coastal low. I truly believe that when this coastal low gets cranking it will be past our area. So, I'm going with a burst of moderate dry fluffy snow from 11-4am with snow showers east of Baltimore til 7am. I like the sweet spot to be east of Baltimore with a swath of 5-6 inches of snow to the east and south. NW of Baltimore I'm going with 2–3-inch max.

Very cold air tomorrow with a slight warm up with mixed precip on Sunday north and west. Then the real cold takes hold temps on Tuesday struggle to reach 20F with lows around 10F. No big storms over the next 7 days.

Be safe ;)

Phil (lily)

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Thanks Phil’s. I’ll take that bet with you. Will give results, middle river

Thanks for taking the time to post.

·
Registered
14,571 Posts
Thanks Phil but the Wildlife is more interesting than the storm at this point. I hope you're right........Gary

1 - 20 of 74 Posts