Tidal Fish Forum banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I will be posting my report and predictions tonight after 6PM. Looks like the Low-Pressure system is going to jump to the coast too quickly which weakens the inland system. However, I think the LOW gets to the Mouth of Chesapeake Bay before the energy is transferred to a new coastal low. This coastal LOW is developing just southeast of the benchmark to give heavy snow for I-95 corridor. I'm watching the timing of the transfer. Right now, most of Maryland is under a WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY (SNOWFALL TOTALS UNDER 5 INCHES. However, I think this will change to a WINTER STORM WARNING overnight (SNOWFALL TOTALS OVER 5 INCHES). This is a quick moving storm, so it arrives around 11PM tonight and gone by 9AM

Stay Tuned I will give you my final call after 6PM

PLEASE REMEMBER TO POST YOUR SNOWFALL TOTALS ON THIS POST.

Phil (lily)
What about Northern Va., Vienna area????

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Okay is this a wildlife post or a weather post lol ;)

Here is my take on this storm sorry for the delay was in deer stand and then fixing mom supper;)

The upper low is cranking in West VA right now and snow is spreading north and east. However, I'm seeing something I don't like and that the storm is weakening faster than I thought before transferring energy to the coastal low. I truly believe that when this coastal low gets cranking it will be past our area. So, I'm going with a burst of moderate dry fluffy snow from 11-4am with snow showers east of Baltimore til 7am. I like the sweet spot to be east of Baltimore with a swath of 5-6 inches of snow to the east and south. NW of Baltimore I'm going with 2–3-inch max.

Very cold air tomorrow with a slight warm up with mixed precip on Sunday north and west. Then the real cold takes hold temps on Tuesday struggle to reach 20F with lows around 10F. No big storms over the next 7 days.

Be safe ;)
I got plenty firewood so bring it on
Phil (lily)

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Nick no offense but they don’t know **** they only look at models and get there information to broad cast on good one is Tom Tassle most are not even meteorologist
Correct most are just tv people.

but don't you look at the models too? I fail To see the difference.

·
Registered
324 Posts
We got about two - three inches. Once again, it's hard to tell with the crazy wind blowing the snow.

And now for the nature talk.

The Grackles, Cow birds, Red wings and common black birds show up in mass in the spring and fall. They can empty all my feeders in less than a day. Not my favorite birds.

We have lots of Blue Birds around here. They will only come to a tray feeder that has Meal worms in it. They will empty it in no time. Meal worms are expensive, so they only get some once in a while.

Up until last year I had seen ever woodpecker we have on the east coast except a Red Headed. Then suddenly a pair showed up in our neighborhood. They stuck around for a few days and then left. Since then, I have discovered that I can see them if I go to an area that is heavily wooded with mature pines. Cool birds.

·
Registered
11,493 Posts

The weather channel said 2-3 in. I got 2.7/8 in. Close enough for me . Practically nothing on the sidewalks or driveways.I have FIOS cable. I rarely watch local tv stations. Too biased . They only tell you what they want you to know . Even if it's an outright lie.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
N Potomac quick burst from12 to 4. Almost 5”. More than I expected. Fluffy on top but pure slush underneath made snow blowing more work than shoveling,lol!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·

They have tunnel vision only use models which are better than they use to be with dependability however there are so many other factors that predict our weather take for instance did you hear anyone on TV talk about the Super Typhoon hitting the Phillipines in mid December? That system literally muddy up the water per say. It kept us locked in phase 6 of the MJO which is a warm phase for December and it’s why my forecast for the cold was delayed by 3 weeks but it’s not to be denied some really cold coming next week and beyond most of January should have some HARD ICE which I forecasted months ago we have not been able to ice fish since 2017. There are so many drivers of the the weather pattern if interested I can post about what really controls our weather and it’s not climate change😉

21 - 40 of 74 Posts