Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out of Lewes at 12:30 Sunday for a 24hr trip for dolphin and tuna. Half way out we sucked up something into the fuel line to one of the engines. So after a half hour trying to fix it we gotter running again. But the Captain was scared to run out to the canyons with the possibilty of it happening again and having to come back with one engine. So we head back in. We get into cell phone range, and he calls his mechanic, and he said it shouldn't be a problem. SO we turn around and head back out. So we are 2 hours behind schedele which sucks. We finally get there, and start hitting dolphin. 10 in the box in a half hour or so. Start chunking and hit a couple more dolphin, 1 short mako, and a tuna about 50lbs. Did have another tuna hooked that got off the gaff and broke off. Ended up with 12 dolphin, and 1 tuna in the box so he trip wasn't a total loss. Also we didn't have any other motor problems.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing worth bragging about with the dolphin. Couple 6-8 pounders. Got most of them around the lobster pots out at the edge of Baltimore Canyon. Then drifted a couple temp breaks in the canyon. It was fun, but still love my wreck fishing. Got 4 more trips this year planned down there so hope things will go better on our boat. Tog, and Stripers look out here I come!!!

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Travis, Sounds like a fun trip, even if you didn't slayem. Hey, hitting the Upper Bay on Sat. Are you interested? Stripers are jumping in the boat.[wink] Let me know. Will leave from the Patapsco around 6 am.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.