Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am hoping for some help or advice on running offshore Sunday from Hampton.
I am running a 32ft Century with twin yamaha 350s
I have never taken this boat offshore and was hoping for some advice on a good area to target leaving from Hampton.
I'm not having much success gathering a crew for a long boat ride....
Anyone interested in helping out?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I haven't fished out of Virginia Beach yet this year but there are several guys on this board that could help you out if they wanted to. The best advice I can offer is to identify what fish you are going after and look up their optimal temperature range. YFT like it around 72-73 degrees. Then review the most recent SST data you can find and look for water in their range, preferably over structure. The Fingers and Norfolk Canyon are good areas to look at but this time of year you may need to run SE to find warmer water. Find 72 degree water around 100 fathoms and that's a good place to start.

If you are targeting bottom fish, I can't help you very much.

I would also try to go with someone you who knows what they are doing so you can learn a little before trying to do it yourself. I did the latter and it took me a long time to figure things out.

If you are after tuna I would get a teaser or two to bring some attention to your boat. I'd be happy to help you out with bait set ups and trolling speeds that work for me. If I can help more let me know. Seems odd to me that 220 "fishermen" read your post without a reply. You might want to try The Hull Truth regional boards if you're not on there already. Your welcome to go out with me from OI the first week in June if you want.

Best way to contact me is email as I don't check this that often.

Best,

Mark

[email protected]

Edgewater 320 CC

1 - 2 of 2 Posts