Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a shock on Monday, I was closing up the boat in the marina. Last thing I had to do was put the mooring cover on. I had to step on to the finger pier to do the last few snaps. Here`s the dumb part. The pier is very narrow but I still got on my knees and stretched out to get the snaps while thinking this ain`t cool. Well that last snap got me. outstretched arm on that snap and well I rolled head first into the marina, I came up in very cold chest deep water and still had my glasses on. There was no way out near my slip except the criscross ropes on the transom. I grabbed one of the ropes and stepped onto the outdrive and then proceeded to tight rope it across the lines to the bulkhead. I learned how fast accidents happen and it can be deadly real fast in cold water.:eek:

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yea Chug,
I've teter totered a few times and almost gone over. warm water is one thing,
Cold is another story,I'm extra cautious now, getting too old .

Glad you were ok.

Larry

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Boats have a way of moveing even when tied. I fell in but feet first and the mud was a foot deep.
Glads you are OK.
Les

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
thats a tough one... Ive fallen in more than my fair share of times... its never too fun, and even less so when the water is sub 50!

·
Registered
6,818 Posts
Went down to the boat this evening when I realized that I left the batteries on.
Discovered real quick that the washboards were iced... :eek:

Good thing I fell into the boat, rather than out of it.
Of course, as I type this... I have a bag of ice on my leg. :pinch:

Why can't I seem to remember that there can be ice on the boat even tho there isn't any on the dock this time of year?
Be careful out there guys...

·
Registered
619 Posts
Last tumble I took was this summer. Got a new boat with a T-top. I hopped aboard at the SPSP ramp like I always did on the old ride, but forgot the top. Head bounced off the bar and I went backwards between the boat and the dock. No major inury, but I lost my brand new $500 prescription sunglasses! At least the water was warm. Needless to say, I am very aware of the T-top now!

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Glad your okay so I was wondering seeing as you have some training

Jan 24th SPSP
Could use some more for the team

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
---The Importance of this post is not the WET part --I personaly have been involved with 3 Deaths in Deale Marinas, through the years --Getting knocked Unconcious when falling is a Death Sentance---BE EXTRA CAREFUL & try to have a second person around --geo.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
I fell overboard on the Rappahanock in January one night catfish'n. Lluckily, I had someone with me to help get back on the boat. It was a long hour ride back to the ramp.

·
Registered
205 Posts
glad to hear you are ok. I am sure most of us have done then same thing before. I know I have you always seem to think I can JUST reach it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts