1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a buck taken by a friend of mine
Mike Rex buck grossed 229
Sorry pic is too big can't upload
you can see it on the Ohio division of wildlife web site. GO SEE THE GOST!!!!!! THEN SO MY A BIGGER ONE!!!!!!!!

To many nay sayers here this will be my last visit to this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Must be a ghost buck.I don't see him.

I had a nice ten point get away from me in Ohio last year.I wounded it right before dark with my smoke pole and we tracked it for three hours in the dark and when we found it,it stood up and just looked at us.He had only gone about 300 yds.I have never gone after a hit deer without a weapon but I did this time and he was never see again.I looked all around for the next two days and never found him.I didn't sleep for a few days after seeing him with a flashlight at 20 steps.

Can't wait to go back the first week of Dec.

·
Registered
166 Posts
You guys are giving me the fever whilst I'm supposed to be workin'.

Its okay, I would rather be looking at deer anyway...( but deer with money hanging from his mouth would just mess me up bad).[grin]

·
Registered
669 Posts
Umm ..... Yea kid ..... Ohio = virginia ...... or west = virginia ?? lmao again , but Ohio has big azz deer and I know that from experience ....... How bout dem Buckeyes ?

·
Registered
621 Posts
I can't imagine having to pull back on that monster with a bow....the arrow would shake off the rest if I could even draw it back.

No problem with a rifle but a bow.......I can see me now.

That deer would not be able to walk through my woods......he would either get stuck or have an extra ten pounds of thicket hanging off of each antler.

Mark

·
Registered
165 Posts
I grew up hunting in Ohio. 90% of the bucks in MD and VA aren't big enough to climb up on the back of an Ohio doe. And we used to drag our deer out. When I moved to MD I was shocked to see so many poosie deer hunters. Some gays..I mean guys won't hunt state properties because they can't use their 4-wheelers to get em out if they shot em.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts