Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to fish Friday and Saturday but the girlfriend wasn't taking the bait and off I went to some halloween parties. Got down to Nags Head around dark on saturday and stayed at my buddy Chub's house. Thanks for the hospitality. Got the crew togther at 5 and left at 530 only a few privates a far cry from the day before so we thought without the pressure the tuners should be snapping. Got to the 725 at 630 after a 30+ kt cruise on a lake flat AO. Dropped lines in with the fleet and pandered around getting one yellowfin on a planer. It seems the water had dissapated and the highest temp all day was 68. The marks were few and far between. We did find the marks once and they were a far cry from the marks the day before. I was seeing one maybe two worms at most in only three places. We did manage to jig 4 more bites landing two. One of the real highlights was stopping on a mark letting down a jig and passing the rod off to an angler and looking up in horror to see one of the other guys had put my boat in reverse and all ten lines were gift wrapping my engines. That took an hour to get right and Im not totally sure all the main lines are ok will have to go over each one seperatly:eek:

Anyway, we were out for pullage because these guys had never fished offshore before and we went dropping. Caught a bunch of tiles and got cut off by kings. Fellas decided to deploy my jigs in the front of the boat and there goes another 40 bones...:eek:

Cool thing was we hooked up and released a 200 lb hammerhead that took two guys to bring in. That thing was a beast.

Back to the tuna. Ok the fleet had moved south I mean everyone was down there(20 boats) and we were going but I looked at my watch and decided to stay up north. Well bad idea because they were getting bites at the point in 400 fathoms and I heard of some 60+ lb tuners. The real bummer is I didn't set my watch back and we got to the dock at 330 which was when we were supposed to stop fishing. Oh well. Flat calm day.

3 for 5 YFT
Lots of tiles
countless Kings(Barry you need to get down there)
1 big ass hammerhead

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Good job Conner

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
C-Note great fishign with you and thanks for the heads up. After my morning my game was not on, but ended the day with a limit of Kings, plenty of tiles and a couple YFT.

Thanks

·
Registered
976 Posts
Glad you guys got out. Wish you would have brought me some kings. You guys are killing me with these reports. This is the longest I've been without a boat in 20 years. I need an offshore fix bad.

TwobyFour
Barry

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Pretty work Conner,Carson & crew. Glad you guys had a good bit of action + that big ass Hammerhead must of been fun for the newbies.:bigfish:

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mike,

A few boats went up to the 800-830 chasing that water but they got zero bites.

Looks like they got em yesterday water moved over the point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts