Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the 550 to 650 with Brian Spud and Tony on Brian's 28' Trueworld Marine single diesel. A nice trailerable rig. Warm water had pushed inside 20 fathoms. We were 4 for 6 for the yellowfins on our 1st bite in 75 fathoms then picked up 2 more a little later in about 100 fathoms. No bites for us in the pm with the sloppy conditions. The Coast Guard boarded us at the dock and worked over Brian pretty hard. Make sure you have your gear and info squared away; these guys don't play. Dave

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Glad to hear you got some fish. What kind of things were the Coasties looking for so we can all avoid having problems with them in the future. Thanks for the report. Martin

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Martin: The young Coasties that boarded us were armed
very professional and no nonsense. They of couse checked out all the safety equipment, Personal ID's, Documentation or registration, (NC Fishing licenses were not asked for) Plaque w/ overboard discharge info, wanted to see a bucket w/ rags for spill clean up, checked our fish, examined our engine and bilges and almost gave Brian a breath test after observing a few empty beer cans on board. I missed some of the conversation between Brian and the boarding party but they kept us at the dock for close to an hour. Several other boats landed after us but we were the chosen ones for that day.
Kevin- Rick on the Tackler fished the 280 & 230 Rocks and had 5 nice yft a couple of bluefins and 2 blackfins plus too many false albacore. The charter fleet around us were mainly catching and releasing bluefins. Some charters had many fish as usual.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Good job on the feesh... :yes: Hopefully now that he's been boarded and all turned out well they will leave him alone for the rest of the season!!! One can hope right???

Becky-

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Brian's boat is a single diesel with a engine compartment. The rags and bucket are used to contain any spills. Not sure if the same reg's apply to outboards.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Nice job on the fishing Dave! I know you guys paid your dues..... plenty of others out there that day who also paid their dues and got nada. Great report!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Dave

Congrats on the tuna!

Everytime we've been up to the Atlantic City Boat show, we've been all over that True World Boat. What we liked most is how solid the boat is built and more importantly the fuel econcomy. It's supposedly rated at 6-7 mpg at cruise. How'd it ride and was the gas milage as good as they say?

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
nice work dave good to meet you at the dock. We couldnt buy a yft just the bft got covered with skippies as well. It was a nice weekend though. Im glad I didnt get nabbed by the patrol. I had a few cold ones....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts