Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the general options for OI or surronding area's in mid to late March. I work oversea's and its been two years since I've been out of OI. Is there anything worth planning a trip for in March? I am itching...

·
Registered
432 Posts
There should still be some big drum around the point / Ocracoke starting to show up. And the regular mix bag of what ever else is left around. Specks, flounder.... etc. Thats a long drive from Mt Airy, do you trailer you boat the whole way?

DP
"Harvey's Hookers"
222 Aquasport

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks, Its not that far a ride form Mt. Airy, but it does take a couple days to make it worth it. Thats why it has been so long since I've been there. I don't get that much time at home so I ussually end up in OC or Ches Bay.

Thanks again
Ric

·
Registered
432 Posts
NP..I've only been to Mt Airy once. I went out there with my buddy Devon Kramer to drop his bike off at his parents house. nice place, maybe I'll see you done on the OBX. I'm heading down tonight to help my Dad work on the house. Maybe I'll get some fishing in, the big blues are blitzing like crazy rightnow.

DP
"harvey's Hookers"
222 Aquasport

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most definetely if you ever feel like putting a trip together drop me a line and I'll drag my boat down there. I want to go in march if there is anything worth the drive. I'm sure acctually just the weather will be worth the drive, after the winter we have had around here. Another Q, when do the YFT run strong around those parts? I like the idea of not have to run so far offshore like in OC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts