Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Crew:pat,Carson,Dan,Mike,Jake,& me.

After this latest blow all the great water that had produced so well for the fleet from last Wed-Fri fell apart so the only options were to either do a hero or zero run to the new water @ the 800 or to run to the stream that crossed the 100 just below the Point on about the 570. Well we made the group decision to go for broke up to the north starting on the 740 & then fishing up to about the 800. No marks & no bites for anyone in the area.:helpsmilie:

Man it sure looked plenty good enough.:confused: Well it was time to make a decision again. Beat it out with the Shearwaters picking our spread to death, go drop for Tile, or make the long run down to the current.

We ended up opting to choose the latter. We jogged down to the snd half of the fleet who were managing a slow but steady early morning pick but were a bit late to the party for the best of it. We found our best marks just inside the stream side of the change (in the 72 degree blend) but the only marks we could find were around 17-20 fathoms & except for a stray Chicken Dolphin would not show us any love. We ended up having to drop down on the marks with jigs to manage a meager catch. Then before long the marks dried up & it was over. Anyways we had a fun day with great crew. If the water up above where we started had been holding it would of been a blast but thats the way those hero or zero runs go. Even though we were late to the morning bite down below it sure was a whole heck of alot better than fighting those bastard Shearwaters & we sure were grateful for the Bites the crew were able to jig up:thumbup:

BTW jigging in 2.7nts of current 20 fathoms down is a PIA.:eek:

Ended with 2 Yellowfin & 5 Blackfin With a couple more thrown back because they were small plus 1 nice fish that didn't quite make gaff but still gave Pat a great fight on the small tackle.

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
That's a shame..... maybe the water is too "new"....... at least ya'll made it out, and those jigs are the ticket :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
I was wondering if you guys made it out... At least you went and caught a few fish... Jigging tuna sounds like a blast... I'll be down there soon enough and look forward to giving it a try..

PRETTY WORK...

BTW: Smart move leaving the shearwaters, they really love to pick over a spread..

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Glad you got out Bill and put some meat in the box. That sat shot north looked pretty nice figured you would head that way, sorry it didn't work out.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Thanks again Bill. Lets circle the wagons and get the guys up here for some eelin.....
Now your talkin - eelin in 32 degree weather. That is when drinking becomes neccessary and not just a guilty pleasure.

Nice going on your fish bill. Better then sittin here typing.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thanks Bill it was a blast as always. Jigging up tunas is awesome can't wait for the eye marks to be down there and give it a try then.

Jake I am down for some eeling only if we can get some footlong steak and cheese

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Also if you remember Pat, when he was sleeping he yelled out "you know what ELSE is bad for you, a foot long steak and cheese". what was the first thing if the sandwich was the else?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Whats really bad for Jake is having a man crush on Dr. Phil. Jesus, if you talked about him one more time I was going to wreck my truck into a light pole

1 - 20 of 36 Posts