Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Holy ****....finally made it out!!!! Headed outta OI on my boat DARE YA leaving the slip in Shallowbag Bay around 5:30. Headed towards the point, only to find cold water. Turned south and found the break around 570 line. Baits in and started to troll, and troll, and troll. Did I mention we trolled? Nothing all the way down to 520 line. Started working back up looking inshore then back overboard. Got back up to 560 and started marking some bait. Found the break and worked it east back into deep water. Looked up and saw a greensticker working in some tuna. Nothing for us, they went down. Kept working the area and then they came up right in front of us, bluefins, yellers and porpioses. Made a turn and the 50 started to scream. Dumped half spool before we got Tony in the chair. All of a sudden the 80 goes off.....Sweet doubles!!! With the 50 under a quarter spool and the 80 half dumped we knew we had a couple nice fish. Found both for about 20 minutes and the one on the 50 pulls off. Oh well, still have a nice fish on. Bruce, the guy with the 80 was stand up until we lost the other then happily sat in the chair. Bruce did a great job fighting the fish for an hour and a half until Gerry sank the gaff. 70" Bluefin...161 lbs. High fives and baits back in. 3 minutes later, little yeller fin in the box. Circled around twice more, but it was 3:30 and time to head to the barn. Had a GREAT crew of Tony Gower, Bruce the bluefin slayer, my dad Johnnie, and Gerry Hopkins who did a great job of working the baits all day. Oh yeah, the angler is the one on the left standing up. His eyes were closed in the pic cuz he was so tired that he fell asleep standing....hahaha

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I see a Duane, Barry, Carson, and "Iron Stomach" McNulty fishing trip in the very near future.... Nice fish bud.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Nice going in pulling out a great ending to a slow start:bigfish: .

1 - 20 of 22 Posts