Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy was the bite OFF for us today, my buddy Billy and I left the inlet @ 0630, and we were greeted by a ground swell and alot of cross chop. We headed for the Sea bouy and headed north looking for birds or something on the sounder. After about 2miles of a beating we turned back south and trolled every thing in the arsenal, Nada. Decided to run back into the inlet and drift some eels , had a few bumps and 1 wounded eel. We ended up back at the ramp @ 1400 with a distinctive smell onboard. Talked to the guys at the dock and only heard of one other striper caught. I hope the weather gets better soon[sad].

·
Registered
915 Posts
I was wondering how it was out there today.I looked at the avalon web cam at 7:30 this morning and it wasn't pretty at all.
darn shame to get out and the fish get lock jaw to,thats even tougher.
maybe next weekend we will get some pretty weather.
thanks for the report.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After the beating I took out there tues.( with the same results [sad]). I was hoping for a break today, the pressure was up all day yesterday and the winds started laying down early yesterday morning, I thought we had a good shot today. Even though the fish didn't cooperate, we had a good time.

·
Registered
432 Posts
after talking to the commerical boys they caught some around the Corolla light. Thats a ways to go in rough seas and probable isn't worth. Thats not very much fun if you ask me.

DP
"Harvey's Hookers"
222 Aquasport

1 - 5 of 5 Posts