Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Crew: Martin,Eric,Bert,Ed,Howard & me.

Searched the ocean long & hard from the 540-750 Shallow to deep. Conditions were still all stired up from the last big blow & the SW flow sealed the deal. There is some water pushing in & blending from the 400 & below. Maybe that will end up producing now that it's getting over the bottom down there. The best of the tuna fishing Sat ended up being from the 680-870 in very small areas where the water would be just a tad cleaner & warmer. Almost all deep rig bites for the lucky few. I think high hook catches had about 10 or so deep rig Tuna (Full Draw) & there May have been a few others around the 740-750 that also scraped out a nice catch having chosen to fish the cool water all day, pretty work :thumbup: form one of those small streches of better water (64.5-65 degrees).

Anyways we only had 2 bites all day @ (the 688 in 64.6 degree & a bit cleaner) on the deep rig with a pink 3.5" drone spoon. Our snd deep rig with pink witch/meat never got hit. Also never found any marks all day.

Ended up spending the last 30 mins dropping for Tile & pulled lines @ 3:00 to get in before the SW got going too strong.

We bagged Today (Sun's) trip opting to wait & see if conditions inprove for Mon.

Tough day but it sure wasn't for lack of trying.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Still better than staying home...I think you caught them all last week, the stocks have yet to replenish themselves...you'll slam them tomorrow.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Bill we fished hard south started at the point worked out and south in to the 400's found blue warm water in 2000 fathoms big grass line 82 d water flyers no bites worked the cold side blended side hot side upside down side you name it.Tough day for everyone it seems. We did call u once but no answer so I thgt you bagged it. Oh well..we ended up 0/0

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry to hear you didn't connect. I looked at the fleet reports yesterday and even they said how hard the fishing was. I'm hoping to get out soon and appreciate the bad reports as well as the good. Thanks for posting!

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No Inprovment

I bagged tommoro (Mon) also. I't will turn around before you know it. It allways does. We will try again next weekend.

·
Flounder -r- Fluky
5,925 Posts
Sorry to hear it was so lame, Richie fished a charter and they had "Zero" bites all day.

You must have caught 'em all last weekend.......... guess this weekend is the part about "paying dues".... you'll get 'em next time.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
yeap it sucked not even worth a report. The guys that got the bites lucked out. We will be down next weekend.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
You needed to give those tuners a rest after last week! Tough break.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Fished Sat on a Pal's boat and saw you around the 740 or so. Started to call but I was just as ride along for the day. Had one small bite, then a skippy, and later on a what appeared to be a good fish pull lose way back.. Fish was dumping an 80 so hard we were thinking it had to be a nice fish. Pulled off and now I'm wondering if it was actually a foul hooked fish on a bar way back? Who knows?? That was it for us... I'll stay away for several weeks, it should pick right back up for you guys...

·
Registered
458 Posts
Sawdust..
you drank beer on bill's boat..??? Fancy is a good stable platform for tossing 1 back. rumor has it the captain also likes the capt'n.

Bill .. best of luck for the next few weeks.. my guatemala trip turned into shooting pheasant in SD for a couple reasons.... big 40 should be a 12 gauge blast

1 - 15 of 15 Posts