Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else notice the 50lb thresher caught and killed out of OI ? These guys catch alot of fish ,why kill that size shark? Not trying to start a bunch of sh*@ , just wondering what others thought. and if noticed. Hope everyone has a nice thanksgiving

·
Registered
196 Posts
Did anyone else notice the 50lb thresher caught and killed out of OI ? These guys catch alot of fish ,why kill that size shark? Not trying to start a bunch of sh*@ , just wondering what others thought. and if noticed. Hope everyone has a nice thanksgiving
Sure did notice. I was wondering the same thing. That was just a little fellow.. Let him go get bigger... Unless he swallowed the hook or something, that was pretty bad etiquette-

:rockon:

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
That shark was not 50lbs. Look at the pic compared to the rockfish which all look to be over 30lbs or so. Good fishing if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
You guys gotta be kidding. That shark is completely legal. I dont think that picture does it justice, but that is a good sized fish. It was probably REALLY sporty on striper gear and better tablefare than the stripers. Killer catch. Looks like the striper fishing is going on too.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
I thought the same as Jake. I saw the 130lb er brought in on the 26th.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Think they got caught up in the moment, with pulling in a thresher at the inle, not your every day occurancet. The fish is borderline for sure, just a matter of were you are in your sportfishing career and judgement. Best to take some pics and release. I have a 5-1 Thresher that went 115 on 12lb test(International 12T 7ft. penn rod), they are very tough fish that will put a hurt on you and will go the distance in a battle. Hope they ate it as they are very nice on the grill.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts