Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Dam news flys fast on here. Guess I'll be packing the bucket this weekend along with my Tuna gear.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Yeah Greg called me this afternoon and said they were thick and several schools off Jenets pier. He said they were 30 to 40 pounders. Everyone!

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
I thought Jennettes pier was gone. ? it was my friends grandfathers pier. thought the last big storm took it?
It is being rebuilt.

Plans for a New Outer Banks Pier Underway
Jenette's Pier in Nags Head, NC is moving closer to being rebuilt. North Carolina's Aquarium Agency will begin taking bids on the pier project this week, and the goal is to have the project completed 16 months after awarding the contract, by May 2010.

The state acquired Jennette's pier last year, and it was demolished this year in preparation for the new pier project. The original pier was built in 1939, well before advances in construction technology were developed to aid in withstanding potential hurricane damage. The original pier lost approximately 540 feet of length due to Hurricane Isabel in 2003.

The new pier will reach 1,000 feet into the ocean and be designed to withstand 130 mph winds. In addition, the project will incorporate alternative energy technology. Three 100 foot wind turbines are planned along the pier to reduce electrical costs, and a rain collection system and geothermal heating and cooling system are also planned.

The Aquarium Agency intends to promote marine and coastal education and recreational opportunities to the local constituents and vacationers in the area

·
Flounder -r- Fluky
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
seems to be South of the monument, charters say it's within half-day trip range

If you notice, the front pic of Wed's report has a charter that went offshore and caught one tuna, came in and wacked the stripers in short order to end the day..... must be close to the inlet :yes:

·
Registered
103 Posts
The report made it look a lot better than it really was yesterday Rick, same old same old.

I would have rather been sitting in the VMRC meeting all day !!!!, not really.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts