Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it was time to bring Succession back for charters starting this Thursday and Saturday turned out Awesome. Had a past charter who wanted to ride up with me with and bring his son and son’s friend. So sure company is always good and hopefully we could get into some Stripers. Left the dock at 8:45 AM and headed North. Looked, and Looked and Looked finally see a few boats at Dock Research Pier and run over a mark. Talk with a couple boats to find out Dogfish central. Tried our luck and found the same. So on we go. Get to Cape Henry and find a fleet trolling with little success.

I really wanted to get Dave’s son and friend some stripers so I tell them we will go get some eels and we will setup for a couple drifts and then hit the high-rise for a finally. I spoke with Hooinfinger and he said Toni was out there and gave him a call. Toni told me there was a bite of small slot fish off the 1st island. So eels loaded we head out and sure enough the fish were rolling. Get the boys up front on the bow and they start catching slot fish with Atomics on spinning gear. Catch our limit of slot fish plus. Next we are off to the #10. Well setup after talking with C-Note and get two run offs but the boy’s grag the rod and snatched the hook. Catch two Dogs and two more short runs!

Next we setup in the mayhem now called the high-rise. Woow! Get anchor set and eels out. Catch a dog, then a nice run off that never came tight. For the next couple hours I tried everything when finally Dave son gets a nice 41" 34# in the boat. This was his first big striper and Dad was stoked. Then it became certain we were going to crush them like I have all week. Billy, Jack Ass was next to me and we proceeded to watch as others on the North side of me catch fish. Billy had two when we left. With so many boats you picked a spot and had to stay there. It was nice being able to sit in the heat and make hot soup and Mac & Cheese during the wait.

We did help one of the boats next to me catch a fish after they got tangled lines. The boys thought we had a nice fish, but it was theirs so I untangled it and had them reel it tight before letting their line go. They had a young girl on the rod and I was glad that she got her first big fish.

We headed in after a long day, but did catch 5 for the frying pan.

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Good to see ya yesterday Kevin.

I am sure you are glad to have your boat back home although it looks like Billy has been keeping you busy fishing on his.

Dennis:))

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Glad everything went as planned getting Succession back. Only ended up with 2 last night. Heat and soup. Man your getting soft!:D:clap::clap:

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
and their ya go! good job kevin, but i'll have to tuck my tail between my legs if you don't start putting a "y" on my name! lol

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
It was a boat on every pillion and cassion last night, I don't ever remember seeing it quite so jambed up before.

Congrats on a nice fish, we had only one fish last night but it was a scratch @ 46.5" .

Keith

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry Tony, Nice fish and glad to be back in town. Now I can start doing all the little things I have been waiting to do to get her right.

·
Registered
394 Posts
If heat and soup makes you soft than I’m a “down pillow” cause last weekend we had the heater in the cabin and the grill on deck. You gotta love striper fishing in December and eating a grilled bratwurst in a 75 degree cabin!

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Welcome home Kevin! Congrat as ALWAYS putting your customers on some nice fish!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts