Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
Thanks for the report Kevin. Thats all the more reason I need to get a crew together for friday!!! The forecast looked good last night hope it holds till friday. Martin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
919 Posts
If the weather would just lay down this coming weekend, then I'll be out there. It's coming down to the wire; I gotta git at least one tuna in my boat this year. My wife told me if I finally pull that first tuna into my boat she'll have the lure framed for me for Christmas. That really turns up the pressure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
565 Posts
The good water is definetly over the right bottom now. I am shooting for one day Fri-Sunday. Hopefully it will lay down a little bit. Come on Halloween tuner!!!!!!! Ben


DEVIOUS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Kevin,

How are you guys getting out? The CG at OI told me Sat there was only 2-3 feet at the bridge bar east. I posted it under OI Warning... If the WX will let me, I'm planning to try the end of the month, but considering the CG input was changing plans from OI to HI. Need some tuna action, so OI would sure be nice, but...

Woody
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
864 Posts
Kevin,

How are you guys getting out? The CG at OI told me Sat there was only 2-3 feet at the bridge bar east. I posted it under OI Warning... If the WX will let me, I'm planning to try the end of the month, but considering the CG input was changing plans from OI to HI. Need some tuna action, so OI would sure be nice, but...

Woody
The crack and the bar have changed alot in the last couple of months. If you don't fish out of there much, I would suggest following the fleet out.

Kevin, I was wondering what this blow and colder temps would do to the bite. Now we know :clap::clap::clap:.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If the wind would stop blowing. I would be Golden. Looks good for this weekend and may have an overnighter scheduled. Fingers crossed on the WX Man!!!!!! They have to give us one day at least.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
There has to be more then 2-3 ft of water at OI if those charters went out thru the inlet!!!! I am far from an expert but I just follow one out. Wait till the charter boy head out and follow them thru the mess. Martin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
That is what I was thinking too. Don't understand why the CG sez 2-3 and the big boys can get out! Leaning toward OI for the tuna bite. Hope the forecast is right and the wind lays down for the weekend!

Woody
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,785 Posts
Tracking a weather window Saturday into Sunday morning so am planning an offshore overnighter aboard Succession with Capt. Kevin Bremer (surfperch1). Am short a couple of crew so anyone interested please contact me. There are 2 plans.

Plan A. Overnighter. Depart OI at 10 am Saturday and return at 3 pm Sunday or possibly before if the winds chase us home. $370 per person.

Plan B. Saturday daytrip depart OI at 4:30 am. $225 per person.

Kevin will make the call on which plan based on weather. Winds need to stay down overnight to spend the night.

Anyone interested in joining us, let me know. Got a good feeling if we can make it out it's going to be epic. ;-)

P.S. yea I have my own boat and gear but everyone once in a while I like to let someone else do the work. :))

Mike
757-329-5137
email: [email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,936 Posts
Go get em guys! Kevin WILL PUT YOU ON THE FISH!!!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top