Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Broad Creek at 5:15 headed to the Point was passed by 3 OI boats running about 28 knots I was running 23 because of the chop. Lines in at 7:30 black fins all around picked up a 25# yft at 8:45. Trolled around between the 580 and 600 all morning from 50 fms to overboard, only picking up small blackfins. Water was from 72 to 76 degrees and blue, charters were picking up the same only more, trolled up to the 630 around to 100fms green to blue break not much of a temp change though. Have a yft bit at the 630 and pulled him off, was getting ready to call it a day at 2:30 when finally get 2nd 25# yft in boat, was a choppy ride in but ended with 2 yft and kept 5 of the black fins we caught and release a pile and the rest just eat the back of the balleyho. Tough day the charters caught them and I couldn't, now if that water and east wind will stay for a while we will try it again soon.

LEON :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
glad you got out before the next blow and got some tuna blood on the decks , wtg

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Good deal Leon, glad to here the water is back. I wish I could of fished with ya yesterday since it now looks like it's gonna be a while & after last Sat's terrible fishing for us, I'm itching to get back out. Sorry you didn't get as many Yellowfin as you wanted but it still sounds like you had alot of action which was a whole lot better than it's been since that last hard blow. I'll see ya down there in a week or so once the weather man says so.

Unless :eek2: this up comming Mon happens to get right & I get my arm twisted hard enough.:rockingman2:

Thanks for the report Leon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts