Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several years ago I had an oil change kit that worked well for my I/O engine. Currently, I pump the oil out thru the dip stick---which leaves a good bit of old oil in the oil pan. The kit that I once had had an oil & gas resistant hose that connected to the oil pan on a permanent basis--replacing the pan plug--with a special fitting made for that purpose. The other end of the hose connected to a small pump motor that hooked up to an electric drill. The output side of the pump had another hose that could be placed in an oil container (milk jug) for disposing of the old oil.

Does anyone know some business that carries such an oil change kit?

Thanks!

Lee

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checked their site. Has the hose connection to the oil pan, but not the connection to a pump which can be attached to your electric drill. Still looking!

·
Registered
631 Posts
i used to run the hose out the plug hole, if your boats in the water that could be a problem.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Several years ago I had an oil change kit that worked well for my I/O engine. Currently, I pump the oil out thru the dip stick---which leaves a good bit of old oil in the oil pan. The kit that I once had had an oil & gas resistant hose that connected to the oil pan on a permanent basis--replacing the pan plug--with a special fitting made for that purpose. The other end of the hose connected to a small pump motor that hooked up to an electric drill. The output side of the pump had another hose that could be placed in an oil container (milk jug) for disposing of the old oil.

Does anyone know some business that carries such an oil change kit?

Thanks!

Lee
I've got an I/O as well. What a mechanic told me to do is jack the tongue up as high as you can (you can put a cinder block under the jack to get extra elevation), warm up the motor and use the dipstick pump. That's what I do and it seems to get it all out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts