Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that deer season has ended here in OL' Virginny come on out with your best and most memorable moment of the 05 season. You MD boys can reply as well I just ain't sure if your season is over or not. I can recall several crazy things that happened. One was a youngster from OBX who hunts with us has had a great start to his season during muzzleloader. He bagged a buck then a doe and one evening he left and said he was a huntin' turkey....the GRAND SLAM !!! He not only got his first gobbler but he shot it at 70 yards, running away, down a dirt road, doing the ol turkey head woble, IN THE NECK !!! That was the shot of a lifetime [excited] Whether it is true or not doesn't matter cause shooting a turkey in the neck w/ muzzleloader at any range standing still or doing jumping jacks is one heck of a an accomplishment.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
What a fantastic season ! Started bowhunting and it made all the difference in my season. Did a lot of things wrong but a couple of things right and limited out for the first time ever for the season with a nice wallhanger to boot. We ended up with an incredible year, and four sons of our club members killed deer and two killed their first as we drove for them towards the end of the year. Two sons of one guy nailed three and five deer each and were taunting their dad by the end of the year. It was the year of the youngsters at our club and it was awesome to see them get hooked on what we love to do. Finally convinced our farmer that if he planted some for us, we could have a great year - and he put some corn in and kept the deer around all year.

Got taught a lot by one guy as he put up a stand in a place I've hunted five years and saw 11 deer the first night! I still have a lot ot learn.

Thinking about the urban season to feed my insatiable deer habit.

Feeshon [grin][grin]

·
Registered
578 Posts
Failrly good season...took two deer with the ML and one with the bow. My oldest son took two with the bow. Second oldest son took a very nice 8-point with the bow (his first ever) and another deer with shotgun. The 8-point went 127 Pope & Young. Youngest son (9) got out twice with me around ball games and all and had a shot on youth day but no deer. He's hooked! [excited]
Mark

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had lots of opportunities this year, just didn't see the one I was looking for. My new job pinched me but good. By the time I got off and got my stuff, the deer were already walkin' the woods. They'd pick me off just walking to my stand. I still got 2 for the freezer, both young bucks, nothing special.
Lets hear about some of the hoss bucks that were shot...........

Hook1

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
http://www.tidalfish.com/boards2/viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP207909636&id=11090&sr1=mega+&sr2=&ExMth=no#post11090

[excited][excited][excited]

Hope you all had a great year too!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had a good year for working as much over time as i did. I got 6 deer 1 four point 1 spike 1 button and 3 bambi does, not proud about the does but man they tasted GREAT. As far as ducks and geese over 80 ducks and 20 geese. I did miss the biggest buck I have ever seen while having a gun in my hand, he allmost ran me over in standing corn, 3 shots later and I was in tears HOW DID I MISS HIM at 15 yards?????????????????????????

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Tuna,....FIRST OFF.....you definately shouldn't be ashamed of shooting does. They're part of the popluation, too....no matter what you see on TV. Additonally, we'd have a much better rut as well as a more balanced population if more hunters did the same. Congrats on a great year.

Secondly, I missed what at the time was the biggest deer I've ever seen a few years back..[happy I didn't miss this year]..I got all three shots off, rapidly I might add[tongue], with in 30yds and there wasn't a drop of blood in the snow, no hair, no nothing...I walked the track for more than a few hundred yards and I just plain missed[angel]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts