Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
basically sassy shads???? no? Seen the storm lures with the hooks in them...whats best way to rig them? Tandem in chutes?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Yup, a storm is considered a swim bait. They are very life like and also very effective. Are you trying to troll them? If so, you can run them in tandem. A lot of TFers swear by the storms this time of year:yes:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
You can run the storm lures on your umbrella rigs. Take your parachute off and insert swim bait.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep, was out on sunday and they kept saying swim baits, I put 6' shads on white and charty chutes on....had some storm baits in the tackle box...didnt think to bring them out...I guess if I did I would have caught fish!!! So i drag them by themselves or more effective in tandem.:yawn:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
yeah those swim baits seem to be hot for some reason this year.....I'm sure that will change as soon as I go fishing:wacko:

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Sport Fisherman magazine had an article on the new swim baits this year being the go to

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Here, this might help I just whipped it up in Paint real quick excuse the lack of quality. Since the storm shads are lighter (6'' storms are 2.1oz) they will go on the long leader and then put the heavier weighted parachute on the bottom. This way you get the best of both worlds using storm swim baits and the usual parachute type lure. On friday everything was hitting parachutes so why not put out both? Here is how to rig it incase you didn't know.

Photobucket

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Nice diagram spynet. Very helpful. I was not aware that you used such long leaders.
Mytime- you don't have to use that much leader. Its really a preference thing. Some people go 12' and 6' some go 15' and 9'. I have been on several boats where none of their tandems had the same leader length. They were all different just to mix it up a bit.

·
1,672 Posts
Is there any weight...inline sinker??

Thx
Mytime- you don't have to use that much leader. Its really a preference thing. Some people go 12' and 6' some go 15' and 9'. I have been on several boats where none of their tandems had the same leader length. They were all different just to mix it up a bit.

·
Registered
175 Posts
here, this might help i just whipped it up in paint real quick excuse the lack of quality. Since the storm shads are lighter (6'' storms are 2.1oz) they will go on the long leader and then put the heavier weighted parachute on the bottom. This way you get the best of both worlds using storm swim baits and the usual parachute type lure. On friday everything was hitting parachutes so why not put out both? Here is how to rig it incase you didn't know.

photobucket
with inline weight ??

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
It depends on how you want to run the bait. If you are running it on planer board or as a long line I would run it as is. If you want to run it deep then use an inline sinker in front of the 3-way swivel with a double snap swivel.

If you are running boards, I would put that rig as it is 60 - 80 off:thumbup: OR use it as the WWB line- 300- 325ft.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Great job on the diagram and answers Dave, thanks for taking the time.

·
Registered
264 Posts
if you have 12-15 ft leader after the 3-way how do you get the fish in? grab the line i guess your using heavy enough line to do that? i grabbed my pops line once to land a fish.....once:nono:

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
3,364 Posts
9pearls... they are a little light to jig... would be a slow jig. They call them swim baits for a reason... look better swimming.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
The guys at the CBBT ( where I used to live) use 50 - 80 leaders and when you get to the 3 way you just hand line the fish to the net a heavy Chute or Mo-jo on the bottom and a swim bait or spoon on the longer top lead...the different lengths do two things it makes for different swim depths and it keep the two lines from twisting around each other...Just wait until you get two fifty pounders on at the same time you'll swear you hooked a southbound nuclear sub...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts