Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a couple of Okuma T20L reels for the spring season. Does anyone have any input on these they are willing to share?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Ive had 4 for 3-4 years and they are still as good as the day I bought em. All Ive ever done is rinse them off after use. Ive never done any other kind of service. Keep your eyes peeled and you probably can pick em up for about $100.00 each.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have 16 on my boat and use the heck out of them. Tyler's Tackle has them at all the fishing shows at $110.00 each or $105.00 each if you buy 2 or more. A lot of charter boats are switching from Penn to Okuma.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I fished on the Bounty Hunter (Chesapeake Beach, MD) a few years back during the Spring season and was very impressed with the T20Ls and bought 2 after that charter and my neighbor whose boat I mate on bought 2 also. They've got the power to bring in big fish, the level wind capability and lever drag is great for all anglers (novice +) and the price is right. The only problem I have had is one of the reels needed tightening on the screw for the level-wind. I still use Penns 113Hs for the short lines (non-level-wind) and a 330 GTI level-wind (on planer board). I'm planning to ad another Penn GTI 330 to the arsenal for the Spring season (2007) if there is one...

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have had 4 T20L's and have never had any problems with them so at the last show at the PG arena i picked up 4 more and 4 rods (per Capt Wyane and Catmans recomendations) but I have really always liked the T20L nice handle to grip and plenty of power.

Benny

and yes it was already my plan to but the 4 that I did LOL

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I've got a few and they have been great! NO problems....love the level wind and lever drag.
In all fairness these are the first reels of this type that I have experience with so it might not be fair for me to give an opinion.......
With that said......If I needed another trolling reel.....I'd buy another T20L!
take it for what it's worth.....

Tony

·
Registered
180 Posts
They are pretty decent reels for around $110.00, buy from one of the vendors at an outdoor show, otherwise they sell for around $140.00 at boaters world.I have 6 and my friend has 14, we use them mainly in the spring. The only issue after 3 seasons, is the bearing cap on the left side has fallen off of a few. They are glued on and if you recover them, it is an easy fix.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Great Reels --- Got 5 of them for the boat and have used them for 3 years now without any problems. Go see George at Tyler's in Chesapeake Beach for the best price. He can also get you any rod that you want to match them too. I have the Penn 3145RS, 30-50Lb rods that have the roller tip and stripper guide. This combination works GREAT.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts