Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:detective: Found some parachutes left over from last season that were forgotten on the last trip. What is the best way to clean them up for use again this year?

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Soap and water and your wife's favorite hair conditoner:))

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I put pretty much all my lures/tackle in the dishwasher,I just take them out before the drying cycle because of the high heat...

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
gotboost - that's a good idea but I doubt if i could get away with it! ;)

BTW, Last year, one of my best fish catching 'chutes was one with all the hair messed up!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Oxyclean works for me to, let em soak for about 10 minutes, rinse em off, comb em out and hang to dry. I keep a tube of hair detangler nearby and if the hair is badly tangled I dab a couple drops on the hair, spread it around a bit, comb it out and rinse a final time. Works like a champ and chutes/bucktails come out looking almost new.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Guys, for real you have to brush them. Hold the whole thing upside down and comb it's hair with a brush in soap and water. That will get all the dirt out.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Inspection

:detective: Found some parachutes left over from last season that were forgotten on the last trip. What is the best way to clean them up for use again this year?
--Before clean up if you have any Andrus type swinging hook chutes --Inspect the hook to head Connection --Many wear out & get so thin that they will not hold a Super Fish, Discard or tye some mono safty --As to paint loss I keep various color nail polish bottles on board for instant touch up --geo.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
soap and water in a bucket/ swish them around in the s & w. rinse them real good and I use a little spray detangler., comb them out with a fine brush and hang them upside down by the hook. sharpen the hook and mark the hoop tip with a sharpie so you can glance at it later and know that hook has been sharpened.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Capt.George;
Its curious enough that you might have a nail polish collection on board, but if you have nail polish that matches your chartreuse parachute lures I'm outta here :eek: :eek: :eek:

;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts