Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 days to spend in Onancock, staying at a BnB with wife so its all catch n release, 17' CC, any advice what to fish for where she can get some pullage for fun, I thought maybe casting for specks? how about trolling for bluefish, are they likely there? Thanks

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Best bet is to call Matt at Sea Hawk cSports in Pocomoke, Md. He normally knows what is going on from Chincoteague to CapeCharles. Super nice shop owner.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Some site casting out of pungoteague creek . Ramp is 20 mins from town the B&B should know how to get to harbourton ramp from town . Run out to mouth of creek and work the flats on the west side of the islands north of the creek mouth . You fish inside also only if the tide is up . On low water forget it .

·
Registered
37 Posts
Or put in at the town dock and run out to the mouth and head south. Plenty of fish around Parkers Island casting. If you can find some peelers, get them.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I live on the bull branch of the creek . Not much water on low tide . My albe draws almost four feet so I have to use the ramp to go fishing .

·
Registered
375 Posts
When are you going? I'll be down next weekend. You can launch at the ramp in town and head out to the mouth of the creek, then head south like an earlier poster said. Drum & croaker seem to be on the menu. Are you staying at the Charlotte Hotel?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Fished the Onancock bay challenge on Saturday. Caught 19 total species, took 1st in Flounder and Oyster toad :)

Some grey trout showing up in deeper holes 16-18ft , lots of big spot around, some of the biggest pinfish I have ever seen. A few flounder drifting the ledges of channels. Quite a few small 16" rock around casting in the shallows.

Quite a few specks were weighed in but I don't think any over 4lbs.

Best surprise was dropping on good marks on the sounder and hitting a triple of redfish. Ended up catching 6 total, 2 bulls @ 49.5" and the rest ~33". All pretty much within sight of Onancock creek. Sure would have liked to have those in the CCA tourney out of Crisfield!

3drum450.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts