Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As some of you guys know I like to change spreads to accommodate the fish,while being cooped up at home for a few weeks playing with some new rigs I made 4 6" BKD umbrellas with 10" tandem baits " No Trailer hooks" in Char glitter and opening night.3oz chutes and bucktails

Recieved a call from a good friend that's been wanting me to set his boat up to troll my spread. Hit the water early at Sandy Point and proceeded to get the spread out,got all long lines out and I said lets try these new umbrella's short and deep on the down riggers.

Wow the Char and opening night caught 11 fish, 15 fish total for 2 hrs well lets try them off the boards ! caught the majority of all the fish !!!!! I don't know if this was a fluke or what but they look great in the water and produce!!! I usually only run a 10" single by itself off the down rigger with good results.

Just though I would share this info with everyone. Good Luck

Oh yeah we fished the eastern side up to Bloody Poing on the inside channel fish just one way had to get back early.

Mike B

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have thought about using BKD's just never gave it a try. Will have to put a couple together and give her a try as well. Thanks again

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Mike- I've seen some using BKD UMs. I'm sure they catch. I was thinking bout bringing back string mops to replace my chutes.:thumbup:

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent Brothers;
FYI....I met up with Capt Steve (of BKD fame) yesterday at Anglers and he showed me some new 10" BKD trolling rigs he had made up for the LTT and planner board guys. Thoes 10" BKD's sure look like eels and I think I read somewhere that eels just PO stripers so much they just want to kill them dead.

·
Premium Member
26,249 Posts
Great tip.This time of year I will sometimes use a real small bullet head bucktail with a 4'' twister tail if the bite is slow.On a few trips that caught most of the fish and some pushed 40''.My guess is some type of small bait is around. Skip

·
Registered
103 Posts
OK....I"m slow.........this will mark me as clueless but I have to ask ......BKD ?...What the H--- is BKD

·
Registered
708 Posts
Mike, That's a good idea. Regarding the 10" BKD's. What type of hook (size, jighead, ???) did you use for the 10" BKD and how much leader did you put on it?

I am thinking of a umbrella rigged with BKD teasers and a (white or chart) bucktail or chute on the business end. I am curious if putting a 10" BKD on the bucktail or chute in place of a 9" shad would work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts