Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... till the winners of the Pickerel Derby are announced!

I flew over the Severn today... main stem is open but most of the creeks are still iced in... better hope for a fast thaw or this thing is gonna' be an "El Presidente - V.P." sweep! :D :pp

Who's fishing this weekend? What's the strategy if there's still ice in the creeks???

The pressure is building! :sweatdrop:

·
Registered
292 Posts

I flew over the Severn today...
WOW. taking this scouting a little too seriously. Eirther that or Tony B has included you in on the profit sharing of the t-shirt sales.

Something tells me that el presidente is buying everyone a few rounds at the next meeting

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
I took a look at my productive shoreline casting spot in College Creek this afternoon. Although the creek was melted around the edges, the area where the fish were hanging before the freezeup is still iced over and is unlikely to melt this weekend.

I may have to try Plan B and launch my kayak Sat morning or afternoon in Weems Creek. I stopped by the West Annapolis ramp about 1:00 today. The water around the ramp is clear out 20-30 feet from the ramp and large sections of the rest of the creek are clear. As of this afternoon, you could launch there and get to the mainstem Severn without hitting ice.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Weems still had a skim coat above the Rowe bridge on anything that wasn't the northern shore, but looked clear heading out to the mouth. College Creek was still completely iced. Back Creek was clear up to Jabin's, but I couldn't see further.

I was just thinking of cancelling my planned weekend fish (since Sunday is gonna be nasty), but maybe I can get out tomorrow for a bit.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Clancy is lying there is ice everywhere!!!!! Also I'm not fishing this afternoon and Anglers is out of minnows. ...........And if you believe that I've got a talking dog to sell you;)

-Evans

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Good luck guys. I'd be impressed to actually see Clancy's name on the leaderboard. :censored:

And Big E, I'm not sure what prize goes to the 10th largest fish. I guess it would be "bragging rights", eh? :yes:

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Clancy is lying there is ice everywhere!!!!! Also I'm not fishing this afternoon and Anglers is out of minnows. ...........And if you believe that I've got a talking dog to sell you;)

-Evans
I asked Evans' dog what the fishing conditions would be in the Severn this weekend - -

The dog replied "Rough, Rough" :D

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Good luck guys. I'd be impressed to actually see Clancy's name on the leaderboard. :censored:

And Big E, I'm not sure what prize goes to the 10th largest fish. I guess it would be "bragging rights", eh? :yes:
GUT SHOT!!!!!!:nono:

Larry: My dog says wanna go fishing? He learned it by watching me.:D

Ralph: :D

-E

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Keep it up UNC. The more you say the more you are almost ensuring I will have someone to fish with this afternoon.

·
Registered
6,818 Posts

Dang!

That's a lot of woofin for a tourney that still has lots of time left in it.
What are you holding Unc? A :clover: ?

·
Registered
292 Posts
I am just waiting for the great grady vs. Parker debate to start.......
If unc wins does that prove that once and forall that Grady's are better boats???????

1 - 20 of 46 Posts