Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Deale at 700 with crew Dave(spynet000), my uncle Lee, and neighbor Will. Had heard good reports of catching up north so dropped lines around the 84 and headed north. First hit was a ghost pot near 84A which cost the dummy line spring and a parachute, tangled some other lines.
Heard lots of catching near Bloody Point and west of 86, trolled all over that area with nada to show. dave wanted to change baits on the planer boards so we did that...still nada.
Meanwhile others around us are catchin like crazy......
Dave finally got the skunk off the boat with a just legal fish on the WTFB line.
Fished for another hour and called it a day, pounded back dead into the heavy chop that had blown up.
I guess some days just aren't meant to be.........

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Thought I smelled something funny around one o'clock...then you guys show up:D. We've all been there...next time you'll get em. For what its worth we didn't get anything after the tide slowed either. Those days just suck.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
You are tough on dummy lines. I hope it was the dummy line spring that was already stretched a bit. Some days it is just tough.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Steve, edit me out of this post- today was shameful:D Thanks to all the other Tfers trying to put us on fish...Skip, Paul (Reeltor), B-faithful, skipperwork:yes: Each boat was catching in different locations and invited us to come join the catching party. Unfortunately, it just wasn't our day. I will be sure to return the favor guys:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Skunks Mean Warmth the next Day

--Listen Steve --Build a Skunk pen behind your boat --Chicken Wire is ok --there should be Pride involved in Capturing a Skunk --If Ya haden;t went you wouldnt have it for the Next Days Trip ---NOW In the morning feed him or Her some fresh road kill ---BOUY TOO -After they are Fed they become Warm & Cuddly , Set em in the pilot seat ,Next to yuh Catch a Big Fish , Throw The Furry Creature overboard , Let Bouy Stay,Rest Assured Black & white will find another boat to board ----geo.--Question How much Current was showing on the Crab pot bouys & 83 A --Slack & Se winds are Death to a Bite --N & NW Blows Take 2 Days for bite Recovery --Oh well this & Fishing Too -

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Steve, edit me out of this post- today was shameful:D Thanks to all the other Tfers trying to put us on fish...Skip, Paul (Reeltor), B-faithful, skipperwork:yes: Each boat was catching in different locations and invited us to come join the catching party. Unfortunately, it just wasn't our day. I will be sure to return the favor guys:thumbup:
Don't worry that is the story of my life
"You should have been here yesterday"

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Steve, don't you dare get depressed or discouraged. I've went 3 years now without a legal striper or anything. The exception is one afternoon with Skip I did catch fish. Now get them scalely things. Bob

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
You know the old saying.. A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work...

Look at the bright side, you got a slow day fishing behind you. You are now one trip closer to a fantastic trip.

I got my bad trip out of the way a few weeks ago. I just hope I am not due for one this weekend as I head for the CBBT.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
What do ya mean no Fish at least ya got the skunk off. That counts for something ;-)

One of my favorite sayings is "Every Dog has it's day." That day could be either good or bad. :D

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Glad you got out there... If I posted every skunk or one-fish report, I would have carpal tunnel in both wrists. It happens. You will probably set the world on fire the next time out!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I like to think about the slow days of fishing as paying my dues. The slow days make the Good days all the more worth while. Everyone has to pay thier dues sooner or later...8).

·
Registered
Koah Roller Speargun, 100 Euro
2,937 Posts
Steve - You can't take all of the skunk credit for yourself. I and Mark1234 were right there in the hunt with you near BP listening to everyone else just reeling and having a good ole time, especially the "Doin' Time" boat. So don't be too hard on yourself, you have some company:52: and we know how you feel.....Don

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
:devil2: - Since it is close to Christmas - I'll be nice :D and not point out how the Grady's were just spanking them :pp.

That's how this fall has been - one boat crushes them and the guy next to them gets only 1 or 2.

Other then it getting choppy in the afternoon- it was a great day , fish or not :thumbup:.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well at least you cought 1 brother, i have been out twice in the last week and basicly drug ether except for the kitchen sink and not even a pull down, i think next week i will move out to the bay around 72a and work my way south, i see that people are doing very good out that way, i try to stay in the river as much as possible due to having a few guys that do not boat fish that much, it is hard to drive and put the spread out by myself. I look at this way i did good in the spring so it is onlyaround the corner but i am not throwing in the towel yet for this year. Come hell or High winds i will be out there sometime next week.:yes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts