Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are WMD...well no they aren't any...time to make jokes about the lack of WMD...GWB

White House Reverses Course on Spy Program
By LARA JAKES JORDAN, AP

WASHINGTON (Jan. 18) - A year after disclosure of a domestic spying program that President Bush maintained was within his authority to operate, the administration shifted its position and said it would seek the approval of an independent panel of federal judges.

Its legal I tell you....LEGAL but well maybe I better seek the advise of federal judges (and who said I was a dummie) GWB

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
He should just stick to his original premise that they are legal and force others to show why he is not. Right or wrong (and I believe he is right legally and in public opinion) it makes him look as if he is caving to pressure.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From The White House April 2004

Quote President George Bush"

"Secondly, there are such things as roving wiretaps. Now, by the way, any time you hear the United States government talking about wiretap, it requires -- a wiretap requires a court order. Nothing has changed, by the way. When we're talking about chasing down terrorists, we're talking about getting a court order before we do so. It's important for our fellow citizens to understand, when you think Patriot Act, constitutional guarantees are in place when it comes to doing what is necessary to protect our homeland, because we value the Constitution. "

For those who defend GWB's right to wiretapping without a court order please explain why the president himself says that before wiretapping a court order will be obtained to comply with Americans constitutional guarantees?

·
Registered
16,824 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts