Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of heading out to Bloody pt for the opener, weather permitting. Any of you tried getting out there for the Chaos. I think it would be a great advantage to not have a motor running while trolling some lures.

Think it's safe or am I looking for trouble?

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Bloody Point?? Where is Bloody Point? (There's no location under your name so I'm just wondering) Is it in VA? What do you catch there?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bloody pt is on the south west end of kent island just south of the bay bridge in MD. It would be for the MD trophy rockfish opener. This is where the state record was caught. Sleigh ride!

Here is a link to the MD dnr site with a map of mid bay locations. I still don't have a launch point yet so if any of you have an idea please respond, I'm planning on a lot of troll paddling so I'd like to keep my travel to less then a mile if possible.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/fishingreport/midbaymap.html

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I admire your bravery, but personally think it would be crazy to be on the water in a yak with that many powerboats cruising around. I'd be trying to get away from the boats, which will be almost impossible on opening day.

Now C&R the week before? I'd be all over that if I had the proper gear (as in, dry suit).

Good luck!
Josh

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the more I think about it the more I think it will go well. I do plan on staying on the outskirts of the trollers, they will either push the fish deep or away from the structure just enough. I'm thinking of doing more jigging and live bait drifting since everyone and their brother will be trolling but will try both. You can pretty much paddle that whole south and southwest corner of kent island and find fish, just a matter of how big you can hitch a ride on.

I have a t-160 which in the way of yaks is a very seaworth vessel so I'm not too worried about getting swamped all day, a smaller boat would find me at home though.

I'll be running a flag that day without a doubt.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Charkbait,

Good luck to you. Hope you catch the heck out them and put the boats to shame!

Listen, do you camp out there? Is it possible and legal?

Post how well you did! I am sure you will have some stories when you come back.

'Andrea KFG[excited]

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll do my best and will certainly have a story to tell, good or bad.

No camping there from what I know, I'll be driving down and probably paying to launch from a marina if I can't sneak by the guards!

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
[Q]Charkbait originally wrote:
Bloody pt is on the south west end of kent island just south of the bay bridge in MD. It would be for the MD trophy rockfish opener. This is where the state record was caught. Sleigh ride!

Here is a link to the MD dnr site with a map of mid bay locations. I still don't have a launch point yet so if any of you have an idea please respond, I'm planning on a lot of troll paddling so I'd like to keep my travel to less then a mile if possible.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries/fishingreport/midbaymap.html
[/Q]
Thanks for the reply. A bit far for me to go, but it sounds like it would be fun. Good luck [grin]

·
Registered
525 Posts
there is a marina at bloody point. if they let you launch let us know. put in on the severn sat morning at greensbury point. nothing bitting. matapeake might be good to launch from. anybody going out netx weekend let me know. put in at
spsp opening day, paddled up to podicery pt., nothing bitingthen either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts