Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go again! A little facetious thread. Opening Day is right around the corner. So please, whatever you do, wait for the Evening prior, or the Morning of Opening Day to get your boat ready. Take off the cover, if you used one. Get all them biodegradable leaves out of the bilge, that probable doesn't work anyway. I can't wait to dip my boat, while I see the yearly Ya-Hoo's at the ramp with their motor covers off, wondering why their boat won't start. It ran last year. Lol. What fuel treatment? You don't really need that stuff. Charge batteries? Yeah, right. Impeller burned up. Impossible. Change fluids. Overrated. To all you Knucleheads that block up a ramp with your P.O. S. boat, may you be blessed with ZERO Stripers this year, well, at least opening day. Everyone else who takes care of their boats knows they feel the same way. :clapping2: Have a Blessed Day

·
Registered
355 Posts
Ed McMahon used to say that he would never go drinking on New Years because that was for amateurs.
Last Sunday was Easter and the church was full of people I couldn't recognize. Next Sunday it will be back to regulars.
Opening day of rockfish season is also opening day for turkey hunting and I will be turkey hunting all by myself on private land. My boat is at its slip and ready to go on the Monday after opening day hopefully after the 50 foot boats that leave 3 foot wakes have left St Michaels.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Here we go again! A little facetious thread. Opening Day is right around the corner. So please, whatever you do, wait for the Evening prior, or the Morning of Opening Day to get your boat ready. Take off the cover, if you used one. Get all them biodegradable leaves out of the bilge, that probable doesn't work anyway. I can't wait to dip my boat, while I see the yearly Ya-Hoo's at the ramp with their motor covers off, wondering why their boat won't start. It ran last year. Lol. What fuel treatment? You don't really need that stuff. Charge batteries? Yeah, right. Impeller burned up. Impossible. Change fluids. Overrated. To all you Knucleheads that block up a ramp with your P.O. S. boat, may you be blessed with ZERO Stripers this year, well, at least opening day. Everyone else who takes care of their boats knows they feel the same way. :clapping2: Have a Blessed Day
:thumbup: :clapping2: :yes:

·
Premium Member
26,151 Posts
Think worst I ever saw / experienced was opening week Monday at Breezy Point. About 5:00 am - guy backed truck down first ramp and turned it off.

Starter decided at that point to die - what a back up it caused. No one could cut the corner to use second ramp.

Poor guy was laying in a puddle on ramp with hammer and flashlight. 5-6 guys offered advice / help but no luck. They finally used a chain to tow it off ramp. I was lucky - only two places behind him.

Heard it took over an hour and a half for guys farther back to get into water.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Mine is still getting a new gas tank installed. Had to wait for the ice to clear from the creek and the boat ramp so I could have it picked up, so I am running late. Should have decided last fall to have it done, but took a while to get an estimate (and then to bend over and take it).

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I am going to take 17 people NEW to Kayaking to launch at the ramp all with roof top racks and hybirds. hahahahah

1 - 9 of 9 Posts