Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like every year of opening day for rock fish, I stay away from the crowds and fish the Potomac at Fletcher's. We caught 8 hickory shad, 2 american shad. Water Sky Vertebrate Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Fisherman

Kevin got his personal best 20 pound catfish Water Sky Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Lake Shorts

I got a 12 pounder Water Camouflage Cargo pants Military camouflage Sunglasses and we filled the cooler with 15 eating size catfish, A beautiful day on the water with no salt!..............Gary

·
Registered
14,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice! How long of a boat ride is it from the airport ramp up to Fletcher's?
Once you leave the ramp, there is a no wake for 300 yds till you are in the river. No speed limit until you get to the bridge right before the Kennedy center. After that it is all no wake. It takes me about 30 minutes or so. Great scenery along the way.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Sounds like a nice trip Gary. I avoid Opening Day too.

·
Premium Member
26,249 Posts
Very smart move and looks like you guys caught more then most on the bay.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice sday. We spent opening weekend freshwater fishing with about 75 smaller crappie and one nice pickerel. So what size are eating size cats? Is the 12lb too big? What about the 20lb?

·
Registered
14,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice sday. We spent opening weekend freshwater fishing with about 75 smaller crappie and one nice pickerel. So what size are eating size cats? Is the 12lb too big? What about the 20lb?
Eating size to me are up to about 8 pounds but 3 to 6 are better........ Gary

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was out at Fletcher's on opening day alsoI prefer light tackle shad fishing than trolling any day! Giant Blue catfish can't be beat. We launch out of Columbia marina.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Crabby,

What did you get the cats on? Livers? Cut bait? I don't do opening day for rockfish either, and you had a nice day to get out on the river!

Don

1 - 12 of 12 Posts